On the 17th Day of Christmas .. Goblin Slayer

HOPE YOU A JOLLY OLD READ

BECOME SANTA AND DROP A GIFTED VOTE FOR ME PLEASE

Prompt: Building a Snowman.

She's been able to play in snow before. 

As a Priestess, she wasn't allow to be distracted from her teaching's for selfish joy.

She would always stand and watch as children and adults played in the snow and find happiness with the cold, white powder. 

She's felt jealousy from watching other's play and create magical memories with friends and love ones with snow. 

She's asked for forgiveness for her sins but she's always held a longing towards snow. A longing she's never been rid of of the longing she's buried deep within her heart. 

That longing was forgotten when she had joined the Goblin Slayer's party. Helping to deal with the Goblin's and gaining a loyal friend along the way. Their party grew as time passed and she gained many new friends and trusted allies during their journey. 

When she found herself dealing with snow it was freezing, wet and made her movements slow. 

Travelling in snow was awful, all of them grew easily sick and their moments were held back and lacking as they deal with Goblins. It left her desire to enjoy snow to very quickly disappear.  

Until they found themselves safe at Christmas and the snow had fallen overnight, leaving a pretty view for all to see. Everyone's breaths came out as clouds and the breeze was nipping at any bit of flesh left uncovered. 

The view truly was beautiful, undisturbed white gave a filter over anything and everything. Leaving all to seem as if was blessed by the heavens and covered in a layer of love and comfort. 

It's why she didn't hesitate when she dressed up in her warmer clothing and raced out towards the closest snow covered grounds. Letting all the innocent wonder and pure joy fill her after years of longing and letting her scoop up a handful of snow, throwing it above her head and watching it with a smile as it dances back down to the ground.

She let a giggle escape her as she falls backwards, creating a snow angel as she's seen many others do before. Smiling up at the clear sky above, loving the chilly shiver running down her spine and liking how Jack Frost biting at her nose. 

She only lost her smile when she realized that she couldn't get back up to her feet without damaging her snow angel. She lifted her head, risking a glance around and grinning as she spotted familiar amour. 

"Goblin Slayer! A little help?" She called out towards her friend, knowing he'd be willing to at least hear her out over her little problem. 

And he did. He walked over, stepping where she had step and earning her smaller footprints to grow to a bigger size. Stopping near her feet but keeping far away to not ruin her completed snow angel. 

"I can't get up" She sheepishly admitted with a bashful smile.

Goblin Slayer merely sighed, good naturedly before leaning down and grabbing at her hands. Lifting her up and helping her to hop free from her snow angel without ruining it. Both taking a few more steps back before taking in her snow art and admiring it. 

It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worse either have ever seen. 

She risks a glance towards her friend before a truly awful idea fills her thoughts. She doesn't allow herself to think over the thought for long, knowing her mature and rational side would stop her from going through with it. Instead she uses all her strength to knock the Goblin Slayer down into the snow. 

His armour cranks and rattles as it lands on the ground and a few bits of snow fly up into the air before falling back down and covering parts of his body. She stares down at her friend, noticing how shocked he was even if his appearance wouldn't openly show it. She's learnt to read him and he was actual surprised this time. 

Dread filled her and her mind caught up to her following her bad idea and she wondered if she could run away to safety before his own shock fades and he decides on revenge. She's ready to start apologizing before stopping with parts lips as she watches his limbs start to move. 

A more stiff snow angel being created by him as he willingly joins in on the fun. His arms rising once he's done and she hurries to help him to his feet without disturbing his snow angel. 

The pair admiring his work before allowing a few snickers and giggles to escape from their lips. It wasn't the worse but it wasn't very good either. Both learning that armoured limbs make terrible snow angels. 

It's not long before he scoops a handful of snow, forming a ball and she prepared herself for the attack to come. But it doesn't. Instead he kneels down and starts rolling the snowball along the ground, growing it bigger and bigger until he finally leaves it in a good enough spot. 

Nodding his head for her to join as he works on the second ball. She hurries to crate a snowball and starts rolling it along the snow. Deciding to help make the head while the goblin slayer forms the second body ball. The two working in a content silence, happiness filling the air as they created a new friend togehter. 

She's finished as he does, not having done this before and had struggled a little. But she still carries the head towards the forming snowman. Almost dropping it a couple of times but refusing any help from Goblin Slayer as she was determined to do her share.  

Both stepping back before deciding that they needed to give their snowman it's own personality. Findings stones, sticks and sacrificing an old, ripped blanket to use as a skirt for it. Both grinning as they grabbed a few leaf's and soon found themselves staring at a snow goblin. 

She couldn't help the bubbly laugh that escaped her lips. Staring at their snow goblin and admiring their creation. Knowing it must have been the most silliest thing to be done. A slayer of goblins creating a goblin of snow. 

The stones had formed fangs and glaring eyes. Leaf's poked in to look like goblin ears while the sticks were used as arms held up in an attacking motion. The ripped blanket being used as a makeshift loincloth. 

Goblin Slayer nodded before mentioning that something important was missing. Moving to start making another snowman and she soon hurried to give a helping hand. Creating a snowman with just two snowballs, leaving them much smaller before creating another snowman with three body parts. 

Both ended up back inside and grabbing some clothing they had planned to bin or repair on a latter date. Bringing them outside before dressing up their two other snowmen. 

She smiled as she took notice over a Priestess and Slayer standing before the goblin, finishing the image that the Goblin Slayer had pictured in his head. 

Snow days truly were fun.