3. The Party

Crysta's POV

I was not able to focus on my thesis on Friday. My mind kept drifting to tonight's party. Amy was so excited that I was going with her. I have not been to a party in a long time. I hope I have a good time.

"Crysta, it's 4pm. We need to eat something light and get ready for the party."

"Amy, the party is at 8pm. We have time."

"Crysta, you have not been to a party in a while. Let's make some sandwiches. Then we can take our showers, and do our hair and makeup before we put our dresses on."

I grumbled and saved my work on my computer. "OK. OK. Let's eat."

Amy was telling me about her brother's single friends. She had a crush on his friend named Liam. "Liam is so handsome. And when he smiles...." She said dreamily. "Hunter is good looking too, but too quiet for me," she continued. I smiled seeing how happy my friend is. We put our dishes in the sink and took our showers.

I curled my long brown hair with the curling iron to give my hair a soft wave. Then I put on minimal makeup with some lip gloss. I stand in front of the mirror and was happy with the finished product. We grabbed our coats and went downstairs to get into the Uber.
*************************************
When we arrived in front of her brother's house, I was surprised. It was larger than I expected. The driver drove around the circular driveway and let us off at the front door.
Amy rang the doorbell and a man who had the same eyes and hair color as Amy answered the door. "Amy!" he instantly pulled her into a brotherly hug. "I am so glad you are here." He looked over her shoulder,"Who is your friend?"

"Antonio this is Crysta, Crysta this is Antonio my brother."

"It's nice to meet you Crysta."

"It's nice to meet you as well, Antonio. "

"Well, why are you standing outside. Come in." Antonio waved us into his house.

There were a few people here already.
"Amy, Crysta, meet my girlfriend Ashley." Ashley was blonde with blue eyes. She was beautiful. No wonder he wanted to show her off.

"Hi Ashley. It's nice to meet you, " Amy and I said at the same time.

Amy, walked me around the party and introduced me to all the guests. Liam was as handsome as Amy described. I left her to chat with him.

I went to the bar and ordered a vodka and orange juice. Then I found myself a quiet table while observing the guests.
************************************
Hunter's POV

I am leaning against a wall observing all the guests. My eyes keep returning to Amy's friend, Crysta I believe. I noticed she was soft spoken when we were introduced. She is shy and does not realize how gorgeous she is. I watched her as Amy introduced her to the other guests at the party. She greets each guy with a smile then looks away. When Amy finally introduced her to Liam, Crysta made an excuse to step away so Liam and Amy could chat.

She quietly went to get herself a drink, something with orange juice. Rather than join a group of people, she sat alone watching all the people. She looked uncomfortable being at this party. She was wearing a sexy red dress that showed off her curves and her milky white shoulders.  John walked over to her and said something. She smiled and shook her head no. John said something else than walked away. She went back to watching all the people while sipping her drink. As she scanned the room our eyes locked. She was mesmerizing. I had to shake my head to look away. As I glanced back to her another guy, walked over to her with his hand outstretched and said something. Again she smiled and shook her head no. He leaned in and put her hand in his. I could see the panic in her eyes. She shook her head no again. Nobody, should be upsetting my princess. Wait, my princess. I quickly walked towards her table. "Sweetheart, would you like another drink?" I asked her.

"Oh man, I didn't know she was with you." He scurried away.

"Crysta, are you Ok? You looked uncomfortable. Did he say something to offend you?" Why was I being so protective?

"Hunter, right? Thank you for coming to my rescue," Crysta smiled at me as she stared into my blue eyes. My heart skipped a beat.

"Princess, I will always come to your rescue." I stared into her hazel eyes.

"Do you use that pick up line a lot," she giggled.

"First time, and only with you."

She blushed and looked at the floor.
She is perfect. I want her to be mine.
"Thank-you for being my protector." She turned crimson red.

"If you are uncomfortable here, we can leave. Would you like to go get coffee?"
Hunter asked.

"I came with Amy.  I shouldn't leave without her," Crysta replied.

Amy and Liam joined us at the table.
"Crysta, are you having a good time? Hi Hunter!" Amy was holding Liam's hand.
"Yes, I am enjoying a quiet drink with Hunter," Crysta answered. She was definitely not having a good time but she did not want to upset her friend.

"Liam and I are leaving. Would you like a ride home?" Amy asked as Liam smiled at her.

Before Crysta could answer, I said, "I can take Crysta home."

"Hunter, I do not want to inconvenience anybody.  I can call an Uber," Crysta shyly commented.

"Crysta, it is no trouble at all. And you are not an inconvenience." Hunter's brows furrowed.

Liam finally spoke up. "Well, that's settled than. Thanks Hunter for making sure Crysta gets home safe." Liam and Amy stood up and left the party, arm in arm.

Crysta's eyes were looking at the floor. "Thank-you again for being my protector." She shyly looked up.

"Always. Would you like to get that coffee now?" She nodded.
Hmmm... she needs to learn to use her words. I will not correct her tonight.
I stood up, and offered her my hand. She took it as she stood up. We turned and left the party.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why is Hunter feeling so protective?

Is it a good idea to have coffee with Hunter?

Please click the star and leave constructive comments.

Thank you for reading my story.