33. Almost there

Wow, thirty-five thousand reads. Thank you for following my story. You are the best. Thank you for sharing this story with your friends.

"Now to the airport, " James announced.

Crysta and Hunter were holding hands. Hunter was thinking, "I am not leaving her side. That crazy woman is trying to kill the love of my life." He glanced at Crysta and smiled. "Sweetheart, are you ready for our vacation?"

Crysta turned to him, "Yes, but I am worried about your injury."

"It's just a scratch, my love," Hunter replied. He could see in Crysta's worried eyes that she did not believe him. "Besides, I have the best nurse to take care of me," Hunter smirked. He squeezed her hand affectionately.

"Fine. But promise to tell me if you hurt or if you are uncomfortable," Crysta bargained. Hunter nodded in agreement.
*****************************************
As the SUV slowed down, Crysta woke up with her head on Hunter's shoulder. He was also sleeping with his head leaning on top of her head. He stirred at her movement. "Are you ok, sweetheart?" Hunter inquired.

"Yes. The SUV is slowing down," Crysta noted. She realized she was leaning on his shoulder and sat up abruptly. "Am I hurting your arm?"

"You could never hurt me, my love," Hunter smiled at Crysta.

The SUV came to a stop. The security guards exited the vehicle.

Chris opened the door to the SUV, "All clear, sir."

Hunter stepped out of the vehicle first. He did a 360° turn taking in the area. He nodded to Chris. "Miss Crysta, it is safe for you to come out," Chris said.

"Thank-you Chris," Crysta smiled. As she exited the SUV, Hunter was on one side of her, and Chris was on the other side of her.

"Shall we head to the plane, sweetheart?" Hunter asked Crysta. Crysta smiled and took Hunter's arm. Crysta was never on a private plane before. A cabin worker assisted Crysta onto the steps to go up to the plane. Hunter guided her up the remaining steps. A stewardess greeted them by the open door.

Crysta came to a stop as she entered the cabin of the plane. The colors were warm and soothing. There was an area with a television and couches. There was another area with recliners and a bar. It was magnificent. "Wow!" was all she could say.

"Where would you like to sit?" Hunter asked Crysta.

"You choose," Crysta responded. Hunter walked Crysta to a recliner. He sat in the recliner next to her.

"What would you like to drink?" the stewardess asked Crysta.

"Water with a lemon, please," Crysta replied.

"Your usual, Mr. Yearwood?" the stewardess asked Hunter.

"Yes, thank you. And some snacks, please," Hunter smiled. The stewardess smiled and walked towards the bar.

"Is this plane yours?" Crysta asked Hunter.

"Yes. Is it comfortable enough for you? I can make any alterations to make you more comfortable," Hunter inquired.

"No, it's beautiful," Crysta responded.
She was looking at everything from her seat. She was overwhelmed by the intricate details throughout the aircraft.

"Here is your water with lemon ma'am. And your usual Mr. Yearwood. I will return with snacks," the stewardess explained.

Hunter nodded toward the stewardess and then returned his attention to Crysta.
He watched her as she admired the plane.
She turned to him, "Are you ok? Do you need any medicine?"