So, there is a way

I woke up and began my leg workout, preparing myself for the day ahead. I chose to wear a black shirt paired with grey jeans. Glancing at the clock, I noticed it was already 8:45 A.M. The eagerness to meet Chitragupta grew stronger within me, and I couldn't bear the anticipation any longer.

 Feeling the need for information, I dialed KK's number. "Hello, I apologize for interrupting. Has Mr. Chitragupta returned?" I inquired. 

 "Yes, would you like to speak with him?" KK responded. 

 "No, well, yes, but not over the phone. I want to talk to him in person. Have you seen Dev?" I further questioned. 

 "No, Mr. Chitragupta mentioned that Dev won't be back for another 2 years. He's occupied with some tasks at their location," KK revealed. 

 "What? You're kidding, right?" I exclaimed. 

 "Why would I joke about something like this?" KK retorted. His words made me realize he had no reason to deceive me. 

 "Can I meet Chitragupta at the office right now?" I inquired urgently. 

 "Yes, you can," KK confirmed. 

"I'll be there in 5 minutes. Goodbye, KK," I concluded the callI arrived at the office on my scooter and made my way to the 5th floor using the elevator. As I reached Chitragupta's room and opened the door, I found him seated in his chair. However, KK was nowhere to be seen. Chitragupta was dressed in a white shirt paired with brown formal pants. When he looked at me, his expression seemed somber, and I couldn't help but wonder what had transpired.

 "What happened?" I questioned, curiosity and concern filling my voice.

 He let out a sigh and replied, "You should focus on your work." 

 "No, I need to know what happened that night and why Dev hasn't met with me since then," I insisted, my determination shining through. 

 "Because of your actions, you should have listened to him. But you chose to do the opposite, and now you must face the consequences," he responded, his words carrying an undercurrent of anger, even if his demeanor remained calm.

 I pleaded with Chitragupta to explain what had occurred in a way that I could comprehend. He simply gazed at me, contemplating his response.

 "Please," I urged, hoping for some clarity. 

 "You altered the destinies of several lives," he began. 

"No one has the right to tamper with someone's fate, but you did so and revealed your celestial energies to ordinary humans. When you stopped heeding his advice and went against him, he returned to me, seeking my assistance. I provided him with a sword that could harm celestial beings but not kill them. However, you are an exception. We were uncertain of what would transpire in your case. Nonetheless, when the decision had to be made, I chose you, believing that the fate of countless lives should not be altered. Yet, you managed to change it. I instructed him to strike you with that sword. For the first time, he hesitated. Eventually, he claimed to have attacked you, but fortunately, you survived. He brought you back to your dwelling and took great care to eliminate any evidence of your presence at the scene. The alteration in the fate of those children alerted the lords to the events that transpired. They became aware of Dev's mistake, which led to your death and subsequent resurrection. They determined that these errors occurred as a consequence of his misjudgment, and as a result, they imposed punishment upon him in the depths of hell," he explained, avoiding eye contact throughout the conversation.

 "I'm sorry, I didn't realize the extent of the consequences that would unfold. I never imagined that he would bear the blame for my actions. What is happening to him now?" I inquired, my voice filled with concern.