Aren't you scared of me?

I knocked on the door, and Rani greeted me as she opened it. "What is it that you wanted to tell?" she asked. 

"Before that, let me come in," I replied. She stepped aside, allowing me to enter her home. 

"I'm going to stay here tonight, surprise surprise," I said with a grin. 

"Really?" Rani questioned. 

"Yes, I have to tell you everything I've been hiding. But before that, we should get ourselves some Coke," I said.

 "You're making me nervous," she responded. I proceeded to her room and placed my bag down. 

"I've told you about the truck incident and the guy in the mall elevator who helped me get the job. So many things have happened, and I can't keep them hidden anymore. I need to share everything with you. Don't be scared. I don't have anyone else to confide in, and I trust you. When will your parents be home?" I asked.

 "They'll be back around 8 or 9," she replied. I poured our drinks and began recounting everything, leaving no detail behind. Rani listened attentively without interrupting me. Throughout my narration, she remained silent, occasionally nodding her head in understanding. 

Once I finished sharing everything, I looked at her and asked, "This is what's been happening, Rani. Are you okay?"

 "You see, the thing is, it's hard for me to believe everything you said at the beginning, but as you shared more, I realized that no one can come up with such elaborate stories just to fool others. So, I believe it's true. But are you okay?" she asked. 

"Is that your only reaction? Don't you have any other questions? Aren't you scared of me?" I asked.

 "Look, it's not me who's scared. You've experienced all these things, not me. You're the victim here. I'm not happy with what's happening to you. What are you going to do? You even went to hell? I don't know what will happen to you. There's no certainty that you will be safe," Rani said. She looked at me with a serious expression. 

"Don't look at me like that. I've never seen you like this before. We've never had conversations like this. We always laughed together. It feels strange," I said. 

"I know, but your life has become like a ticking time bomb," Rani said. 

"Why do you say that?" I asked. 

"We don't know what will happen to you next. You've been stabbed by that bastard and bitten by a ghost today. You're living in constant danger," she said. 

"I won't die, Rani," I reassured her. 

"Yes, but for how long? You can only live until your fate allows it. Who knows what that fate is and when it will come?" she asked. 

"I don't know, but I'm trying to live the life I want. So I'm not going to worry about tomorrow when I have today," I said. 

"That's right. If you ever need me, just call. I can't afford to lose you. You're a unique friend, one of a kind," she smiled. 

"I know, today's incident was really frustrating. It's embarrassing to have my shirt torn like that. I wouldn't have been so mad if I had just lost a few strands of hair," I vented. 

"From what you've told me about him, I think Dev likes you, or maybe he doesn't," Rani speculated. 

"Why do you think that?" I asked. 

"Well, he genuinely helps you and shows care towards you," she explained.

 "He hates the word 'help'," I interjected.