Let's meet at your place

"What was that all about?" I demanded, frustration evident in my voice.

Dev sat in the chair, arms crossed, and simply replied, "Nothing."

I couldn't contain my agitation any longer. "What the hell are you trying to do? You're making me..." I trailed off, struggling to find the right words.

Dev interrupted me, asking, "Making you what?"

"Embarrassed!" I shouted at him, my frustration boiling over. He remained nonchalant, sitting there with a composed demeanor.

"Oh, sorry. I was just trying to avoid her. Many girls ask for my number or address. And don't you dare share my address with anyone," he cautioned, as if it were a matter of great importance. I glared at him, his audacity testing my patience. His gaze met mine, and we engaged in a silent standoff.

KK observed the exchange, then chimed in, "He's a real jerk." I nodded in agreement, appreciating KK's support.

"Do you have a plastic bag for me to keep my shirt?" I asked, eager to change the subject. KK nodded and walked over to the cupboard, retrieving a cloth bag and handing it to me. I thanked him and turned to Dev, determined to make my intentions clear.

"I'll wash your shirt and return it to you," I stated firmly.

Dev, seemingly unfazed, responded,"It's alright, keep it. I have plenty."

"I don't want your belongings," I retorted, a touch of venom in my tone. "But I might find some use for it in the future, perhaps as a vessel for casting curses on you." KK seemed amused by the exchange.

"Can you actually curse him?" he asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I couldn't help but smile. "We'll see," I replied, leaving the statement open-ended.

Dev interjected, attempting to lighten the mood. "You can use it to call me," he suggested with a hint of playfulness.

Confused, I questioned, "What do you mean?"

He clarified, "I mean it'll be easier for you to reach out to me if you have something of mine." I pondered his words, slightly taken aback by his unexpected offer.

I eventually took a seat in the chair, KK settling down beside me. Dev remained seated across from us, and a strange dynamic began to form in the room. Chitragupta opened the door and entered the room.

"Did you find it?" he asked.

KK shook his head, saying, "No."

Dev, curious about the situation, asked, "Did I miss something?"

"Fatebook is missing," Chitragupta stated.

I informed them, "We checked the CCTV footage of this room, but there's no recording for the past three days."

"Did you check the cameras outside this room?" Dev inquired.

I exchanged a glance with KK, and we both replied, "No."

Chitragupta took a seat in his chair and instructed Dev, "Go and check the CCTV footage. By the way, why are you wearing that?"

Dev smirked at me and remarked, "It's a long story, isn't it?"

I let out a sigh and explained, "KK and I went to the rooftop, and we were bitten by a Pishacha. It tore my shirt, so I'm currently wearing his t-shirt."

Concerned, Chitragupta asked, "Are you both alright? What about you, KK?"

KK reassured him, "We're okay, sir."