Your new job

I woke up at 8 a.m., feeling a sense of heaviness that lingered from the previous day. The thought of engaging in my usual workout routine seemed unappealing, so I opted to take a shower and return to my room. As I opened the closet, my eyes fell upon a black t-shirt. It was the one Dev had given me when my own shirt had been torn during the Pishacha attack. I had completely forgotten to return it to him. Lost in thought, I carefully unfolded the shirt and examined it. Just then, my mom entered the room. She must have noticed the shirt and its significance. 

"Oh, I forgot to mention, I washed that shirt for you. You can return it now," she said. 

I hesitated for a moment before responding, "It's not necessary. She mentioned that she won't be needing it anymore." 

My mom raised an eyebrow, concerned. "Well, at the very least, you should find another way to show your gratitude," she suggested. 

I nodded, understanding her point. "Yes, I had intended to, but she went abroad unexpectedly," I explained.

 "Ah, I see. In that case, you can express your gratitude when she returns," my mom advised. 

I nodded once again, grateful for her understanding. I decided to wear this T-shirt today, even though it was oversized for me. It would conceal the knife effectively. After putting on my black jeans and securing the knife sheath over my belt, I headed straight to the chairman's room. As soon as I arrived, I knocked on the door and heard the chairman's voice. I entered the room.

"KK was talking about yesterday," Chitragupta said.

 "Oh," I smiled and replied. 

 "Please, have a seat," Chitragupta offered.

 I sat down on the chair, facing Chitragupta. He was dressed in a faded pink shirt and black pants, while KK sat beside him, wearing a blue denim shirt and black jeans. Chitragupta continued, "Well, now that Dev is gone, there are some job vacancies." 

I glanced at KK, who shrugged in response. "We don't have anyone to fill his position, and I can't handle everything myself," Chitragupta admitted. 

 Curious, I asked, "Could you please clarify the direction of this conversation?"

 Chitragupta replied, "You eliminated a Pishacha yesterday, so you are capable of taking down another one."

 Perplexed, I sought clarification, "Hold on a minute, are you asking me to replace Dev and kill the Pishacha?" 

 Chitragupta affirmed, "Yes."

 I objected, "I'm not Dev; he possesses greater powers. I can't kill, and yesterday's incident was unintentional. The Pishacha leaped at me, and I instinctively positioned the knife, unaware of the blade's orientation."

 "Daughter, you possess even greater powers, yet you have not fully realized them. You will, and when the Pishacha roams our city, you must eliminate it," Chitragupta insisted.

 Concerned, I firmly replied, "No way, it's too dangerous. I've already endured numerous wounds and scratches; I don't want to add any more to that list." 

 Chitragupta attempted to persuade me, saying, "I'll compensate you financially."

 Doubtful, I asked, "But what if I die while trying to kill it?" 

 Chitragupta assured me, "You won't. Your destiny does not end so abruptly; trust me." 

 Taking a deep breath, I contemplated the offer. "How much will you pay me?" I inquired.