The mudwings

Moon stared at the fog worriedly.

It hadn't dissipated at all.

In fact, it seemed to be getting faster.

Moon whipped her head around to stare at Parrot, whose eyes were easily as big as the three moons.

"Did you do this?" Moon asked, her voice gradually rising with each word "did you add something to the spell!?"

Parrot didn't answer, as she just stared at the almost fully fog enveloped school. Qibli put his talons on Moons, sending shivers up her scales where he touched her.

"No."

He said tenderly. "She is just as confused as you."

Moon turned to him then back to Parrot.

Qibli stayed gazing at Moon. As if, that's were his eyes automatically rested.

But then, slowly, he followed Moons gaze to a silver necklace on Parrots neck.

"Where'd you get that?" Moon and Qibli asked simultaneously.

Parrot looked down at her necklace and frowned. "The dragonet who started all this added to the enchantment that I couldn't take this off. I don't know, early wedding present?"

She trailed off as she saw the looks on their snouts. "Oh" she said.

Parrot sighed "Right, it's probably enchanted for me to not to stop the fog. I can't take it off". Qibli turned to Moon

"let's go engage some dragonets then!" He said awkwardly.

Moon turned to the passed out dragonets frozen in playing positions "do we have a choice?" She asked "all these poor dragons... they did nothing!".

Qibli nodded "there's still a bit of the school left untouched, let's start there!"

He smiled as optimistic like as he could manage.

Together, they all flew into the misted school.

Moon was careful not to touch the fog. Qibli was too.

They reached the last room in the school that wasn't covered in

'a mist, a fog, a glistening haze'

the history room.

And not the new one, either. It was the abandoned one that exploded.

Moon was filled with a ton of scary memories from the cactus bomb. Winter shouting at her, dragons on fire, chaos, smoke.

She shook the thoughts off and entered carefully.

Inside, a mud wing and an ice wing dragonet were kissing.

Gross.

But perfect!

Parrot quickly said to the two, "follow me!"

They obliged and soon they were all outside. "What's going on?" The female mudwing asked.

It was Moon and Qibli mudwing winglet member, Weed!

The icewing was a female dragonet with a wiry body and kind eyes (unusual for an ice wing, but ok).

Parrot gave them the whole rundown.

The ice wing turned to Reed almost right away after the explanation.

"Will you marry me?" She asked.