Chapter 21 - Shopping is fun!

"Shopping? Do you know where you will be going?" Marcus asks as he paces back and forth in my room. 

I unpack my luggage and place it in the closet. I was going to be here only for seven days yet I wanted to be organized for the whole vacation. 

"I don't. She just asked me to be ready by 9am tomorrow that's all." I tell Marcus. 

He plops himself on the bed. His suit jacket discarded. He laid there in his beige pants and white shirt. No tie. He had undone his shirt buttons till his chest was visible. Matching his curly dark hair he had some curls on his chest. 

"So you will be alone with her." He stated. 

"Yes. When is the first meeting by the way?"  I ask him as I set my skin care on the vanity table. 

"It is at midnight." 

"Great. So I will be out with her till evening."  I walked towards the bed and sat next to him.

"Will she hurt me?" I asked him worried.

"No. You are important to her in some ways.  Just be careful.  Just remember what we told you in the plane ." He mentioned.

"She asked me if I was blooded." I tell him. Suddenly feeling shy.

Marcus looked taken aback. He sat up from the bed and look at me.

"What did you tell her?" He asked softly.

"That I wasn't." I said looking at him.

There was pin drop silence. Why did I tell him that? Was is it the right thing to do? I have no idea.

"Have you never?"

"Nope. I was hoping to have a relationship while I was in college. But God had different plans."

"I am sorry." He said as I mentioned the accident.

"It's alright I guess."

As we sat in silence Marcus got up and walked towards me. He knelt down in front of me. I look at him. Suddenly the hate I had for him melted away.

He placed his hand softly on my cheek. I instinctively place mine over his.

"As if I needed another reason be keep you safe. You gave me another one."

"I don't want it. Don't waste your time."  I tell him off softly.

"You might not want it but you need it. I pledge you my alliance princess. To keep you safe."

"You are the second one to do that now. I have been collecting pledges ever since I have come here."

"Who was the first?" He asked me offended.

"Benji."

"You got nicknames for him? Are you two that close?"

"We are. Respect him a little bit more will you? He is older than you."

"Don't fall for him." He tells me.

"Why?"

"He prefers the other sex more than yours."

"That's his choice." I tell him as I get up from my bed and walk towards the bathroom to get ready.

"You call me if you need anything." Were the last words Marcus said as I closed the door on him.

"May I ask where we will be shopping?"