Episode 2: Resist

2017:

I laid on my bed as I stared up at the ceiling. Nothing else filled my mind except for the news report from a few nights ago. Could the Tokyo Manji Gang actually be responsible for this? After I left Toman, Mikey never told me anything about the gang's activities. I was almost certain that this was out of spite, but I would never learn the truth.

"If Mikey's behind Hina and Katsume's deaths, then I'm going to get to the bottom of it," I scowled.

I hopped out of bed and walked over to my desk, turning my computer on. I entered "recent incidents involving the Tokyo Manji Gang." Not to my surprise, the July 1st incident was the first thing to pop up. I clicked on the website and started to read, just in case I missed something in the news.

To sum it up, it mentioned that five days ago on July 1st, Hinata Tachibana and Katsume Rin both got caught up in a dispute among members of the Tokyo Manji Gang. And died. During a festival, a truck rammed its way in, aiming for some stalls, and they were both victims. Hinata and Rin were both 26.

Hina.... Katsume... I can't believe they're gone. I tried to look up any other incidents that Toman was a part of. There were a few murder accusations but other than that, nothing of any significance came up. That was until I noticed the names of Toman's Leaders. Tetta Kisaki? Wasn't he a captain? Draken died a while ago and Mikey refused to adopt another vice commander. Did he replace me with Kisaki after I left or did he eventually earn his spot?

Throughout the night, I read all of the articles and watched all of the videos on YouTube that included Toman's current affiliations. All of these videos dating back from 3 years ago to now all name Tetta Kisaki as the leader of Toman. Did Mikey die? I was deeply saddened by that thought for some reason. I always hoped that he had a good reason to leave and that he still loved me. Each passing year lowers my expectations.

Mikey's POV:

It was a long night for me. I just returned to my apartment after I finished my last job. It involved me killing another idiot who thought they had a chance to survive after betraying Toman. Sighing in frustration I laid on my bed and glared at the ceiling. Turning to my side was the one thing I could never bring myself to discard. My wedding photo. I grabbed it and stared at the picture, specifically (Y/n) in her white gown. We were so happy then. Did I really make the right decision to leave?

I closed my eyes and gently placed the frame back onto the nightstand. Of course I made the right decision. It's selfish of me to put another person that I love in danger. Seeing her in tears the other day hurt me. I didn't want Tachibana and Rin to die, but they had to.

2005:

(Y/n) POV:

"Did you finish it yet?" Katsume grinned.

Katsume has been my best friend since childhood, and we later added Hinata to our silly little group. Sadly, Hina was going to be late to our sleepover because of stupid cram school. Anyways, Katsume Rin is 15 years old and is in her second year of middle school. She should've been a third year like me, but the court trials caused her to miss too much of her 7th grade year. Oh well, she was at least able to meet her current boyfriend, Chifuyu Matsuno. She is one of the vice-captains of the first division of Toman, and has short brown poofy hair, brown eyes, and a raccoon-like personality. Most people think that she's a guy from her looks, but our original group knows the truth.

"Of course I did," I smiled.

-Flashback-

I was in third grade when I met Katume Rin. That is definitely not a meeting that I would forget. I never really had friends in school. Everyone fit into their own little group, I however, was too shy to be included.