Episode 24: A Cry Baby

2005:

The crowd muttered in anger at the sight of Hanma's face.

"As you all know," Mikey spoke up, addressing the members of Toman. "In the Bloody Halloween battle, Valhalla had three hundred men to Toman's one hundred and fifty, and despite those odds all of you did your best. We still managed to claim victory, and now vice commander Hanma has something he wants to say!

The man in the white jacket stepped forward. What's the point in letting our enemy make a speech to our men?

"I'm Hanma Shuji from Valhalla," he started. "Valhalla hasn't had an actual commander for a long time, so after losing this battle, we as a group, decided to reorganize under Toman. Valhalla and the Tokyo Manji Gang are now officially allies."

What the hell? I knew that we were settling Bloody Halloween today, but I never would have imagined that Mikey would make a decision such as this. Well, I guess this means our gang is tripling in size. The crowd agreed with my thoughts, chanting 'Toman'.

"So, now for the guy who brought Mikey and me together," Hanma announced. "It's only because of him that this all worked out. So come on up here Tetta Kisaki!"

I looked back at the man with glasses. Fuck this, I've changed my mind. That fugly bitch is up to something! Baji told us that Kisaki was the enemy. That along with the phone call and the weird feeling I get around him was enough to tell me that he has to go. Kisaki walked to the front, being cheered on by the crowd. He stood up next to Hanma and Mikey, as they joined hands.

"There's one more thing I'd like to say!" Mikey announced. "We gained some things at the Bloody Halloween, but we lost some things too. Our first division captain, Keisuke Baji, is dead. I urge you all to deeply reflect on this truth and find a way to accept it. I leave the closing to you, first division vice captains, Chifuyu Matsuno and Katsume Rin."

Takemichi has definitely earned this; he's been looking out for Toman, even before he was a part of it.

"I was seriously thinking about quitting Toman," Chifuyu admitted. "But then the commander said this to me. Are you going to blow out the flame of the first division for good? Taking over the first division captain in Baji's place would've been too much for me or Katsume to handle, so we talked with the commander. We talked for days and days, and we finally came to a conclusion."

"We're the ones who decide who to follow!" Katsume continued. "Takemichi Hanagaki! You're going to take over as the captain of the first division!"

"So Takemichi, we will honor Baji's final wish before he died," Chifuyu declared. "You are the one that Baji chose, and the commander and I have finalized it."

"Takemichi Hanegaki! Raise your head and greet everyone!" Mikey ordered.

The blonde started to tear up before screaming.

"Thanks for this one last chance!"

"What the hell?" Draken smiled. "What are you crying for?"

"What a crazy reaction," I chuckled.

"I'm gonna have to redo his embroidery," Mitsuya laughed.

"That's not raising your head, dumbass," Mikey pointed out.

2017:

(In this timeline, (Y/n) never left Toman. She hasn't seen Mikey in a month and has no idea where he went. She is basically a placeholder for him at the Tokyo Manji Gang meetings. Katsume Rin died in a car accident with Hinata.)

I brushed my hair out, securing it into a loose braid. Tonight, was the top executives' meeting. I didn't have a clue about what we were supposed to be discussing tonight. I changed into a black dress and put on a silver necklace and earrings to match. Slipping on my heels, I made my way out of the luxury apartment, where my driver picked me up.