Episode 18: Open Fire

2017:

I jumped onto my bed, laying down on my back, confused at Takemichi's sudden call. He should know all of this; he was at the fight. I get that memories get lost over the years, but that event... is not something that one could forget that easily. I turned my head to the right, to see the bathroom door open with Mikey in the glass shower. I couldn't really see much though, due to the glass being fogged up, but I could see the dragon tattoo on his neck. Not even Draken was able to get through to Mikey after Kazutora's death. Not even me. A tear slipped down my face. Why can't we go back to our middle school years? Before everything.

"What's wrong, love?" Mikey snapped me out of my thoughts, cupping my cheek in his hand while he hovered over top of me.

"That was quick," I smiled, changing the subject. I realized that he only had a towel on.

"Don't go and change the subject on me," he pouted. "It's about Rin, isn't it?"

Sometimes I got glimpses of the Mikey I fell in love with like this, but it got less frequent throughout the years. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him on top of me.

"I missed you, Mikey."

2005:

Draken and I met up in a tunnel filled with bicycles, expecting to meet up with Kazutora. We knew how bad things would turn out to be for Mikey, if he had the opportunity to fight Kazutora. Kazutora wants to kill Mikey, and I'm pretty sure it's the other way around too.

"Why'd you wanna meet up with me all of a sudden?" Kazutora asked, walking up behind Draken and me.

"Been a while, huh Kazutora," Draken said, as we turned to face the man with the lion tattoo.

"Why don't we stop this fight," I proposed.

"Win or lose against you guys," Draken started. "Neither me nor (Y/n) are gonna be happy."

"I just don't get it Kazutora," I blurted out. "Why the hell do you hate Mikey so much? He spoke up in your defense when you were arrested!"

"He's the reason you got out of juvie early," Draken continued. "Do you have any idea how-"

"Shut up!" Kazutora interrupted. "Two whole years. That's how long I spent there rotting in that jail cell. I'm not the same guy I was before."

He's definitely right about that. Maybe being stuck in a cell for that long with his own stench gave him brain damage. No, he probably blamed Mikey directly after the incident as a coping mechanism.

"Maybe not, but you're still a part of my crew," Draken claimed. "And hers."

Silence filled the tunnel, as Kazutora began to leave.

"That's exactly what I don't like about you two. Draken, (Y/n)," Kazutora admitted. "We're going to crush Toman in battle the day after tomorrow."

"Kazutora, this is not what Mikey wants!" I frowned.

He ignored me, leaving without a word.

"Well, it was worth a try," I shut my eyes. "Let's hope we can win, for Mikey's sake."

"Yeah, and maybe get Baji back too."

Draken and I made our way back to the bikes, where Mikey was waiting.

"Well?" he stated. "There's no going back to the way things used to be. What would you do big bro?"

Mikey placed his hand on his bike, while I hugged him from behind.