Episode 20: Dead or Alive

2005:

Everyone's focus was now on Mikey. He heavily panted, looking upon the three men he beat down. Mikey passed out, falling to his knees, as I caught him.

"Idiot," I smiled, holding him.

The crowd below us muttered, unsure of what to do. It didn't take long for a group of Valhalla members to charge our way, to take out Mikey for good. Shit, there's a lot of them. I laid Mikey down behind me, ready to take on all of these bastards. The car pile was unstable too, so one wrong move and the entire thing could topple with us on it. I kept close to my unconscious boyfriend, as I kicked as many members as I could off of the car pile. But I was surrounded, making it difficult to move. Before I knew it, the last remaining captain of Valhalla came charging at me with a baton. I got ready to block him when Kisaki beat me to it. He kicked the guy, leaving his body rolling to the ground.

"Thanks, but I could've handled that guy on my own," I sneered.

He glared at me before speaking. "I'm Tokyo Manji Gang's third division captain, Tetta Kisaki. Our division is here to protect our commander from all enemy threats."

The third division members ran up the pile beating up our enemies on sight. It may have been a nice gesture, but I still don't like this guy. He's definitely sucking up to Mikey. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to go after me or Draken's spots next.

"Kisaki!" Draken yelled. "Good work! I'm leaving Mikey in you and (Y/n)'s hands."

Everyone, even Draken, seemed to see Kisaki as a hero. I should be supportive of the people that Mikey picked, but my mind won't let me. Kisaki has never done anything wrong to me, but it feels like he has. I looked down to see Takemichi's face contorted with fear. At least I'm not the only one who knows that something is amiss. I used this break as an opportunity to check on Mikey. I kneeled next to him, gently shaking his shoulders.

"Mikey. Mikey, wake up."

He stayed silent. I guess that's what multiple blows to the head from a steel pipe will do. I grabbed his hand, squeezing it. He'll be okay, he has to. Baji appeared behind me, whacking Kisaki in the head with a pipe. What is with everyone and the pipes today? He fell to the ground, glasses shattering below him. My old friend glanced at me before smiling and turning to face the blonde.

"Get your ass up, Kisaki!" he smirked. "I'm not done with you yet!"

I guess Chifuyu was right. He's after Kisaki, not Toman.

"Get up! I wanna jack up your face so bad no one will even recognize you!" Baji continued before facing me. "You gonna stop me?"

"I don't fight friends," I answered, lowering my voice so only he could hear. "You would be doing me a favor by putting Kisaki in his place."

In all honesty, I was rooting for Baji to beat the shit out of Kisaki.

"That's what I thought."

"Baji, stop it!" Draken yelled.

"We're going to take you back to Toman when this is all over!" Mitsuya added.

Baji growled at the two before being tossed by Kisaki's second in command, tumbling down the cars.

"You alright, Kisaki?" he asked, as the blonde stood up.

"Buzz buzz buzz. He's like a damn fly dancing around me," he complained, tossing his broken glasses to the side. "Swat that fly dead!"

"Yeah?" Baji muttered, standing back up. "Well bring it on then! I'm right here!"

Before another fight could even start, Chifuyu stood in front of Baji, trying to stop him. Katsume ran up to join him too.

"Chifuyu, Katsume, what do you think you're doing?" he questioned.

"Baji, no," Katsume begged. "Don't do this."

"If you take Kisaki down, it'll be a complete betrayal of Mikey!" Chifuyu explained. "If you have any allegiance left in you, for Toman-"

Baji cut him off by slugging him in his jaw.

"Chifuyu!" Katsume cried out, kneeling down to him.

"Who the hell do you two think you are? The only reason I had you two at my side was because you were decent fighters. I don't give a rat's ass what you think!"

Katsume kept her hand on Chifuyu's upper back, while he caught his breath.

"We're still the first division vice-captains," Katsume reminded. "So, it's still our job to protect you, Baji!"

The couple stood up, facing the man with long black hair.

"But I'll have to stop you if you keep on going," Chifuyu threatened. "And I won't go easy on you either."

"Go for it then!" Baji challenged.

Chifuyu stayed frozen.

"You've got ten seconds! 10, 9, 8, 7, 6... what's wrong? I thought you said you were gonna stop me. 5, 4... the only way you'll stop me is by killing me. 3, 2, 1, 0."

Baji attempted to make the climb before being tackled by Takemichi and bitch slapped by Katsume.

"Get over here and help us out with this Chifuyu!" Takemichi shouted.

"Come on!" Katsume yelled. "We can stop him together, Chifuyu!"

"It's no use," he teared up. "I can't do it. I just can't hit Baji."

"Huh! What the hell are you talking about?" Takemichi retorted.

Baji pushed Katsume back, causing her to crash into Chifuyu, before elbowing Takemichi in the head. He just tightened his grip on Baji's torso in response. Takemichi looked in my direction, causing me to turn to look behind me. Shit! Where the fuck did Kazutora go? I turned my head back around to find him, stabbing Baji with a pocketknife. What the hell? Baji is supposed to be on his side!

"Baji no!" I muttered.

"Now die, Baji!" Kazutora growled.

Takemichi took quick action to headbutt Kazutora.

"Hey Baji, how bad are you hurt?" Takemichi frantically asked.

"It's just a scratch," he claimed, standing up straight. "Thank you for that, Takemichi."

I know for a fact that wasn't a scratch. From the angle I'm at, it seemed like the pocketknife went in all the way.

"Kazutora!" Chifuyu was enraged. "What the hell! What do you think you're doing stabbing Baji? You idiot!"

"It's him, it's all Baji's own fault," Kazutora answered.

Chifuyu threw him to the ground before yelling at Takemichi. "Is he okay?"

I couldn't hear much of Baji and Takemichi's conversation, but I did hear him yell about wanting to kill Kisaki. Baji was now preparing to fight fifty members of the third division, including the captain and vice-captain.

He tied his hair up before shouting, "bring it on you bastards!"

Kisaki's phone rang, and he answered it, probably assuming that I wasn't listening.

"So, Kazutora screwed up," he grumbled.

Wait, he's behind this! I knew it! I knew he was fucking evil! He turned to my direction, as I was watching Baji's fight. It's best that I don't let him know that I'm onto him yet. Or else, I might be next on his hit list. Before I even knew it, Baji had the sharp end of his pipe pointed at Kisaki. I just acted like I wasn't paying attention to avoid having to interfere.

"Looks like that's checkmate," Baji claimed. "You're done."

"Just try it then, you don't have the guts!" Kisaki mocked.

Baji started coughing up blood, as a result of his wound.

"What the hell?" he groaned, sinking to his knees. "I'm done I guess."

Baji, no.