Episode 33: Dawning of a New Era

2005:

    Mikey's smile faded into a frown.

    "Well if it isn't Black Dragon."

    "Mikey," Mitsuya spoke up, earning the blonde's attention. "I'm sorry, this whole situation is my fault."

    He bowed to Mikey, feeling guilty about breaking the truce. I followed after.

    "No, it's not entirely your fault, it's mine too. I'm also sorry."

    "Not true!" Hakkai stood in shock.

    "It was my idea to form a truce with them, then I went ahead and broke that truce," Mitsuya lifted his head back up. "I'm sorry Mikey, they're fighting each other because of me."

    Mikey once again smiled, looking at the ceiling.

    "Shinichiro always liked that, the engine sound of your impulse."

    "Huh?"

    "Even Baji used to talk about it," the short blonde continued. "I remember he said to me one time, 'listen to how Mitsuya's bike purrs'."

    He adopted a more serious face.

    "Shinichiro and Baji led me here tonight."

    What? How is that even possible?

    "Mikey, what?" Mitsuya questioned. "What are you talking about?"

    Ignoring his question, he looked at Taiju, who towered over him.

    "So, I guess these are the three you've been fighting," he frowned.

    "So, at last we meet," Taiju evilly grinned. "The Invincible Mikey, huh!"

    "Why are you interfering here?" Mikey asked with a monotone voice.

    "Huh?"

    "All I want is to be able to ride my guys and my girl again."

    Mikey's expressionless face immediately changed to a pissed one.

    "If Mitsuya, Rin, or (Y/n) were to die here today, it would only make my brother and Baji sad."

    "Oh no," I muttered. "Mikey."

    Taiju launched himself, punching Mikey in the nose, taking him to the ground, just like he did to Hakkai. This isn't good. Taiju stood up, leaving Mikey motionless on the floor, a little blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. He was knocked unconscious. All of us simultaneously gasped. It was then the clock struck midnight.

    "Mikey, wake up!" all of us screamed, but to no avail.

    Did Mikey really go down with one punch? I guess Kisaki was on to something when he said that Mikey was getting weaker. I wanted to punch the living shit out of Taiju, but my adrenaline was finally wearing off. The only thing that kept me standing was the pew that I was leaning on.

    Taiju maniacally laughed, before celebrating.

    "Haha! Even the bells of Christmas are ringing in celebration of my victory! Today the great Taiju has defeated the Invincible Mikey!"

    "This can't be," Takemichi shakily breathed. "With one punch?"

    "Taiju!" Mitsuya screamed, charging for the buff man. "You're dead meat!"

    Before he even reached the man, he stopped dead in his tracks. Mikey stood up, clearly pissed. Taiju turned back to face him, as Mikey harshly glared into his soul.