Episode 31: Sibling Rivalry

2005:

Yuzuha slowly inched towards Taiju, knife in hand. Her face was swollen, and her nose was bleeding, which told me that her older brother already got a few hits in. This makes more sense. If Yuzuha killed Taiju, Hakkai would take the blame. Kisaki would control him by knowing the truth about the murder, and Hakkai would follow him to prevent his sister from going to jail. Mitsuya stopped her, grabbing the blade of the knife.

"This is the wrong tool to use to save someone," he calmly stated.

She stared at him in horror, while everyone else stood in shock.

"Taka-" Hakkai muttered.

"Drop the damn knife, Yuzuha," Mitsuya ordered, his hand already bleeding. Turning to the strawberry blonde girl, he smiled. "You're cutting my fingers off."

She dropped the knife, before bursting into tears.

"Mitsuya."

Yuzuha fell into Mitsuya's arms, sobbing, as he held her.

"Takemichi," Mitsuya faced the blonde. "Take care of Yuzuha."

"Oh, right," Takemichi took the girl from him, before moving to the side.

"Alright then," Mitsuya sighed, facing our enemy. "You can fight me now, asshole!"

Before we entered the fight, Mitsuya told us that he wanted to take care of Taiju alone. It was understandable, since Hakkai is good friends with him. Chifuyu, Katsume and I stood guard at the door, just in case we had any more visitors.

"What's that?" Taiju growled. "You outta your fucking mind? Are you just abandoning your precious truce? That's no surprise, you're just a piece of crap, one who will break any promise he made."

"Go to hell," Mitsuya scowled. "That promise went out the window. You crossed the line with Yuzuha today. A big brother never hits his little sister, no matter what! No matter what she does, you laugh it off and forgive!"

Wow, I have never seen him this pissed before. Mitsuya unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his chest. What's the point in that, it's fucking cold as hell in here.

"But you beat her up instead, and now you're gonna pay!" the silver haired boy yelled in anger.

"Bring it on!"

Mitsuya landed a right hook to Taiju's face, causing him to lean back a little. Unlucky for him, Taiju was barely fazed, landing a right-handed punch in retaliation. Mitsuya dodged, attempting to punch the blue haired boy again, but he was continuously blocked. Taiju then landed an uppercut to Mitsuya's stomach, forcing him to stumble backwards. Mitsuya successfully landed a punch to Taiju's stomach, but he didn't even flinch. What the hell does this guy eat, bricks? Now he was open, allowing Taiju to punch him to the side. Mitsuya continued fighting Taiju, but he was making no progress. Every hit or punch that he landed had no effect. Taiju on the other hand, was heavily damaging Mitsuya with every hit he landed.

"So brutal, unreal," Takemichi blurted.

The group of us guarding the door got sick of what we were watching. I don't care if Mitsuya wanted to handle this alone, he's getting my help whether he wants it or not. We approached Takemichi, hoping he'll join us too.

"You just gonna stand there and watch, Takemichi?" Chifuyu asked.

Seeing that we were beaten up, Takemichi approached us.

"What happened, you guys okay?"

"Well, I have to admit I'm still breathing, but Hanma beat me and Katsume up, leaving us hogtied," Chifuyu explained.