Episode 23: End of War

2005:

It's been half a month since Baji's death. Mikey tried to act like it didn't hurt him that much, but I could tell that it did. We were currently walking hand in hand to the local zoo. I tried to convince him to take me here all summer, but we never got the chance.

"Come on!" I yanked his hand, running to the entrance.

"Woah!"

The first thing we saw was the petting zoo section. I immediately dashed over to the pigs. I jumped for joy when one of the little pigs came up to me, eating the pellets I had for it.

"Aww, you're so cute," I squealed.

I looked behind me to see my boyfriend pouting at me. I stood up, offering him the rest of the pellets.

"You wanna try," I smiled, pecking his cheek.

"Sure," he chuckled, taking the rest of the animal food.

After that, I dragged him over to see the otters, my personal favorite. There were three otters swimming in their little pool, and another one right near the viewing glass. I looked at the little cutie, when I saw that they had small holes in the glass where they could stick their paws out. I grabbed the small mammal's tiny paws, when I heard the sound of a camera going off. I looked to my right to see Mikey, smiling at me through the camera of his phone.

"Sorry," he gazed at me, putting his hand behind his head. "I couldn't resist."

I blushed, as we walked hand in hand to the safari area. There was one thing that I was most excited for at the zoo, and that was the red pandas.

"EEEEEEEHHHH! THERE HERE!" I screamed, letting go of Mikey's hand and running to the cage. "They're so precious!"

I watched the red panda munch on their bamboo. Every other time that I came here, they always hid, but I guess today I was lucky. Mikey caught up with me, placing an arm around my shoulders, while I watched the red, black, and white creature.

Unfortunately, our date soon came to an end when we finished seeing all of the animals. Mikey even got me a red panda plush at the gift shop. We were about to exit the zoo, when Mikey pointed something out.

"Hey, look at the animal over there."

I glanced at what he was pointing at. It was definitely... something.

"Katsume, why?" I asked, disappointed.

She picked her head up from the grass patch that she was eating.

"Okay," she retorted, standing up. "You keep telling me that I need to go touch some grass, so you can't get mad at me for this."

"I swear Katsume," I sweat dropped. "You know what, I'm snitching on you to Chifuyu."

"He's somewhere," Katsume revealed, looking around.

We both bursted out into laughter, as we went our separate ways. Mikey drove me home before kissing me goodbye. I would've stayed over at his house, but he was hanging out with his sister for her birthday tomorrow.

Today was Emma's birthday! Tonight, Katsume, Hinata, and I were supposed to have a sleepover party with her. I walked around with Hina and her brother, picking out gifts. I ended up getting her a bunch of snacks, while Hina got her a purple cat plush.

"Shit, I left my bag at the store," I realized. "I'll meet back up with you in a minute."

I went back in, grabbing my bag and thanking the workers. I soon found Hina, Naoto, and Takemichi in an alley, not too far from where I was.