Episode 13: Odds and Ends

2017:

Mikey's POV:

Today was (Y/n)'s funeral. I didn't recognize anyone in the room, aside from her mother. Everyone else was probably either her co-workers or people that she met after I left. I walked to the altar, bowing to pay my respects. Then, I left. Walking out of the building, I passed a familiar face from middle school, Takemichi? I thought she started avoiding him after he broke up with Hinata? If only I could go back into the past and save her. Then, maybe we could have our own happily ever after. Maybe if Kenny stayed, he would've been able to talk me out of this.

-A Few Days Later-

I walked up to one of the newer gravestones. Here lies (Y/n) Sano. I sank to my knees, placing a red rose on the stone.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, tearing up. "You're in a better place now. Away from me."

I stood back up, walking to the black car that was waiting for me.

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late," Kisaki whined.

I stayed silent, getting into the car.

"Come on, you can't stay silent the whole ride?" Kisaki mocked.

"Shut up," I retorted.

He killed her, well one of his men did. Sometimes I wonder to myself, what would've changed if Draken never got arrested.

2005:

(Y/n)'s POV:

"Could I get a vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, please?" Emma asked the worker.

"And can I get a (favorite flavored ice cream)?" I added.

"Of course," the worker answered. "That will be ¥400."

Emma and I paid the lady and walked off. Today, we were supposed to hang out with Hinata and Katsume, but Hina had cram school and Katsume hasn't been free recently. To be completely honest, I haven't seen her in person for a while. Every time me or anyone else from our friend group asked to hang out with her, she'd reply that she's busy without an explanation. Once or twice would've made sense, but every time is a little suspicious. I asked Chifuyu earlier if she was alright, but it turned out that he was receiving the same treatment as us. I guess that she's just sick again and doesn't want to admit it.

Katsume Rin's POV:

-A Few Days Ago-

"Come on, in this building," Baji smiled, pulling me into an abandoned arcade.

"KK," I smiled, following him into the graffitied building.

The headless angel on the side looked pretty cool. I walked in to see a large crowd of men in white jackets with the same logo on the building. What are they all here for?

"Rin, right?" a man with a tattoo on his hand asked.

"Yeah, why?" I retorted.

"Welcome to Valhalla!" he smiled. "Nice to see you again, Baji."

"What's Valhalla?" I asked.

"It's the new and improved Moebius," the guy I remembered to be Hanma, chuckled.

Shit! He was the one fighting Mikey the other day at that big battle with Moebius. I didn't get to see much of their fight, but I recall Hanma blocking one of Mikey's kicks.

"What do you want?" I asserted.

This is bad, it's me and Baji against everyone else.

"Well," Hanma answered. "Baji wants to be one of us, but we don't know who he's loyal to."

He stood up from his chair and made his way towards me, grabbing my chin.

"I can't trust him now," he smirked. "But I could, if he betrayed his captains."

"Wha-" I was cut off after receiving a punch to the face. "Baji, why?"

He ignored me, brutally punching my face again. It was endless, an uppercut to the jaw, right hook to the eye, a punch to the stomach. I didn't want to hurt my friend, but I wasn't going to stand there defenseless. Besides, Hanma said 'captains', so I need to warn Chifuyu too. I blocked his next punch, attempting to kick him. My left eye was already swollen, which made it hard to see. I managed to kick him, but to the side, where it didn't do much damage. I stepped back to increase the distance, but that only earned me more pain. Baji dropped to the ground, kicking my legs from underneath myself. I fell to the floor with a thud, as my ears began to ring. Baji got on top of me, sitting on my waist to prevent me from escaping. I thrashed around, attempting to get him off, but to no avail. Next came another barrage of punches. Every punch left me with more ringing in my ears and my vision becoming blurrier and blurrier. Baji stopped when I was almost unconscious.

"Tie her up over there," I heard Hanma's muffled voice. "We can't have her ruining your entrance test to Valhalla, now can we."

I felt my body get slung over someone's shoulder and get carried somewhere. My hands were bound together with rope and tied to some fixture that left me dangling. I'm sorry Chifuyu, please stay safe.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I adjusted my uniform and made my way outside, where Mitsuya said that he would pick me up. I saw him in my driveway as I approached him.

"Hey, thanks for picking me up," I expressed, climbing onto the back of his bike.

"No problem," Mitsuya chuckled. "I don't think that you would've wanted to hang out with them in the bath house."

"No," I laughed, "I would've probably been drowned in one of Mikey and Draken's play fights."

"Probably," Mitsuya smiled, driving off.

Mitsuya parked near the meeting place, and we walked to a shop to see a few other captains. Mikey walked out of the shop, followed by Draken and Takemichi

"It's finally happening," Mitsuya announced.

"Takemichi," Mikey smiled, looking back at the other blonde. "Let's go. Gotta new third division captain to welcome."

So that's what this meeting's about. I found out about this meeting from Mitsuya like ten minutes before he came to pick me up. Is he going to make Takemichi a new member, and a captain of all positions? I mean I'd support that; he did save Draken afterall.