Episode 37: When It Rains, It Pours

2006:

    It was a rainy night. Chifuyu, Katsume, and I were planning to visit Takemichi. Sure, it wasn't the same as before, but he's still our friend. As we were walking back, we heard clashing sounds coming from the park. We looked to our right to see Takemichi punching a tire swing.

    "Take that, you son of a bitch!" he yelled. "I'll kick your ass so bad that you won't walk for a week!"

    Chifuyu walked up behind Takemichi, asking "what the hell are you doing?"

    Startled, Takemichi jumped.

    "What! Chifuyu, Katsume, (Y/n)! What are you guys doing here?"

    "We were actually heading to your place, when we came across some guy threatening a poor tire in the pouring rain," Katsume answered, snickering at the frightened boy.

    "Picking a fight with a random inanimate object is pretty messed up dude," I laughed.

    "Shut the hell up!" Takemichi retorted. "Can't you see I'm busy? I don't have time for your crap."

    "Woah, woah! Is that any way to talk to your friends?" A vein popped on Chifuyu's cheek, showing that he was somewhat pissed off.

    "I'm focusing on training right now!" Takemichi grunted, before landing another punch to the tire. "I need to be the toughest bastard around. Otherwise, I'll never be able to get the future to turn out right!"

    Oh shit! Future Takemichi is back already. The new future must be terrible then.

    "Hey wait! You're Takemichi from the future!" Chifuyu realized.

    Takemichi then went into a detailed explanation about how everyone except for me ended up dead. Even Mikey and Kisaki died.

    "I can't believe that!" Katsume muttered, pissed off.

"No way, all of us end up dead!" Chifuyu yelled in shock.

"Mikey's the one that killed everyone," I dropped to my knees in horror.

"That is some dark shit," Chifuyu said after a moment of silence.

"So that's why I've got to get tougher," Takemichi announced.

"So that's why you're out here punching a tire," Chifuyu grinned.

"What're you a twelve-year-old now?" Katsume smirked.

    "Screw you two!" Takemichi continued to punch the tire. "In the future I quit Toman, and everyone stood up for me and let me do it! Cause I'm such a weakling and so if I wanna change anything, I've gotta be tough enough to stay in Toman!"

    As Takemichi continued punching, specs of blood flew through the air. Noticing this, we all gasped in shock.

    "Stop!" I yelled, grabbing his arm. "Look at your hands!"

    Takemichi's knuckles were covered in blood from the continuous punching. Blood also stained the tire swing.

    "Your fists are covered in blood, dude!" Chifuyu pointed out.

    "What the hell, how long have you been out here punching that thing?" Katsume asked, very concerned.

    Takemichi broke away from my grasp, continuing to punch the already bloody tire.

    "Stop it, Takemichi! If you bust your knuckles by doing that, it's only gonna end up making you weaker!" I yelled at the blonde.

    "I thought this over a lot when I was with Naoto!" he yelled back, continuing his punches. "What can I do in the past to change the future for the better? How do I save everyone? We went around in circles and circles trying to find a clue! Who killed Hina? Did Mikey really kill all his friends in Toman? And why-"