Chapter 3

The Final Verdict

Naruto and I quickly disappeared and went to search for Sasuke and Sakura once more. When we finally found them, we found Sakura lying on the ground while Sasuke was in the ground. Apparently Onii-chan used his Headhunter Jutsu on him. I couldn't help but laugh inside my head. Now this was funny as hell. The all-powerful Uchiha incased in hole. I just remained quiet and approached the trapped Uchiha.

"Are you about ready to abandon your lone wolf act, Uchiha?" I asked. "Have you finally realized that teamwork is the last and only choice?"

"Hn." Was he's response.

I narrowed my eyes dangerously and kneeled down to look Sasuke dead in the eyes. While I was doing so, Naruto was trying to get Sakura to wake up. Sasuke and I continued to glare at one another. I was getting really tired and annoyed with this emo kid. He always thought he was superior to everyone, and that especially went for his teammates.

"Look, neither one of us will get a bell unless we work together. But apparently you are too freakin stubborn to realize this yourself!" I yelled. "This exercise was created to help us realize that teamwork is the only way to complete the mission or any mission for that matter!"

"Hn, you're too weak. You and the others will only slow me down." Sasuke stated. I narrowed my eyes even more.

"That's it!" I yelled as I stood up. I walked over to Sakura and kneeled down to her down form. "Sakura! Wake the hell up!"

With that, Sakura quickly shot up and quickly got to her feet. All the while, she franticly looked around trying to figure out what was going on. Seeing that she was up, I walked back over to Sasuke and got him out of his earth bound prison. Once everyone was up, Sasuke was about to walk away but I caught him by his shirt and turned him around so he was facing me.

"Look here Uchiha! I won't tell you again!" I growled. "If we are to get those bells, we need to work together! And I'm tired of preaching this to you!"

"And like I told you, I don't need your help!" he growled back.

"You're nothing but a stubborn asshole!" I snapped back. "You continue to tell us that you're the best. And yet, I don't see a bell that proves that fact!"

"Why you...?" he growled.

As we stood there arguing and glaring angrily at each other, I heard the sound of the timer going off. I just swore in my head. I couldn't believe that I just wasted the remaining small amount of time arguing with a obstinate Uchiha. When I released Sasuke's shirt, he simple turned around and proceeded back to the poles with Sakura following closely behind him. She looked like a loss, love struck puppy.

"Damn Uchiha." I mumbled as I started walking with Naruto right beside me. Before long we reached the poles and just sat there.

"Oh my. Listen to all the little stomachs growl!" Kakashi told us. "By the way, I have an announcement about this exercise. None of you...need to worry about going back to the academy."

"YEEAH!" Naruto cheered.

"THIS ROCKS! IT MEANS ALL FOUR OF US..." Sakura and Naruto cheered together.

"Are hopeless. More schooling would be pointless." Kakashi finished for them. "None of you will ever be a shinobi! Just give up!"

"What do you mean, 'give up'?" Naruto screamed. "Give me a break! Okay, so none of us got our hands on one of your stupid bells.....but why the hell should we quit over that?"

"Because, not one of you.... has what it takes!" Kakashi answered him.

With that said, Sasuke rushed forward to attack Kakashi. However, he's attempt only ended with him being caught. Kakashi slammed him into the ground and placed his foot on top to keep him in place. Sasuke could only growl in frustration as he was held there.