Chapter 12

Golden Snake Eyes And Curse Marks

On several occasions, we had many encounters with ninja who tried to attack us by being Naruto. Sadly their little plan didn't work. Since Naruto and I had a special connection with each other, I knew who the fake was. But we were somehow separated. Naruto and I got stuck fighting off a damn snake while Sasuke and Sakura fought off the real enemy. Luckily for us, we were able to defeat the damn serpent. We quickly took off to help our teammates. Meanwhile, Sasuke tried to get the opponent to leave them alone by giving her the scroll. But before he could, Naruto lunged out and snatched the scroll out of the Uchiha's hand.

"Sasuke, you're nothing but a coward! We're not going to give up that easily! Y/N! Catch." Naruto yelled as he threw it towards me.

I caught the scroll and placed it in my pouch. As soon the grass ninja went on to attack, another damn snake appeared. However, Naruto was quick enough to stop it. But when he did, I felt the Nine-Tails' chakra appear. Somehow Naruto was able called it forward. But then I saw the Grass ninja using some type of hand seal, causing their fingers to light up with purple flames. She then thrusts her hand forward, striking Naruto in the stomach. I lunged forward and sliced through the ninja's tongue to free Naruto. After I caught him, I carefully sat Naruto down and turned towards Sasuke.

"Uchiha! Snap the hell out of it right now! We don't need you acting like this!" I yelled. . I jumped back and punch Sasuke to snap him out of his trance. As soon as he realized where he was, he looked at me for a minute.

"Y/N?" he asked.

"Come on, Sasuke. We don't need losing your sanity." I told him. We need to retreat and fast. There's no way we can fight her off. Not like this."

"Yeah, you're right." he said. "But before we do, I want to try something. I think I may have an idea that might work."

"Huh? What is it?" I asked.

"Before I tell you, I need to ask you something." He said. "Can you perform any wind attacks?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I asked.

"I'm going to execute a fire attack once I get her immobile." He explained. "If I combine my fire attack with your wind attack..."

"Then that would make the attack twice as strong." I finished. "A combination attack with Wind and Fire is dangerous and devastating for any opponent."

"Exactly." He said. "While I fight him, throw shuriken at him. I need as much help distracting her. Just be sure that you don't hit me in the process."

"You're underestimating me, Uchiha." I told him. "I'm pretty good with kunai, shuriken and especially my katana."

"All right, then let's get started." He said, closing his eyes. When he reopened them, he revealed his Sharingan.

"You do your part and I'll do mine." I told him.

With that, Sasuke took off, heading right for the Grass Nin. As he fought, I took aim and threw my shuriken when he wasn't in the way. So far I haven't touched him, but I was succeeding with distraction the Grass Nin, ever so often. I paid close attention to Sasuke's actions and found that he was able to wrapped the ninja with ninja wire. He jumped back over to me and landed on my right. That's when he tightened the wire, trapping the ninja in place.

"Now, Y/N!" he yelled through clenched teeth.

"Right!" I said as I performed the right hand signs. "Here we go, Uchiha! Wind Style: Wind Dragon Breath!" I blew out a jet a wind, which created a straight path towards the Grass Ninja, covering her body.