Chapter 6

Zabuza Returns, Haku Appears

"Tree Climbing?!" Naruto and Sakura yelled.

"Yeah." Kakashi replied.

"What kind of training is that?" Sakura asked.

"It sounds boring." Naruto added.

"This isn't normal tree climbing." Kakashi told them. "You'll be climbing without using your hands."

"Sounds like fun!" Naruto yelled.

"How?" Sakura asked as Sasuke had the same questioning look on his face.

"Watch." Kakashi said as he walked towards a tree. I watched as he gathered his chakra and placed a foot on the tree. He was soon walking up the trunk of the tree and was walking upside down on a nearby branch. "Understand now?"

"How did he..." Sakura started.

"He gathered chakra to the base of his feet. That's how he's doing it." I said; which caused everyone to look at me. "Right, Kakashi sensei?"

"Right, Y/N." Kakashi answered.

"Y/N!" Naruto and Sakura yelled. Naruto quickly rush towards me and stopped once he was standing right in front of me.

"Y/N-chan! Are you all right?" he asks.

"Don't worry, Naruto. I'm fine. Thanks for asking though." I assured him as I sent him a smile.

"Wait a minute!" Sakura yelled, causing everyone to look at her. "How is learning how to climb a tree going to make us stronger?"

"To teach us proper chakra control and to increase our stamina." I answered. "It helps us learn how to channel chakra to a specific point. Plus, the bottom of your feet is the hardest point to properly channel and gather your chakra."

"Correct again. Now enough lecturing about it. This is something that you'll have to learn with your bodies." Kakashi said as he threw four kunai knives at our feet. "Use the kunai to mark how high you make it up and try to beat that until you have reached the top of the tree. Also gathering momentum can help. So a running start should do the trick."

"Right." we all said together.

We all took the kunai knives and started running. I got a good ways up before I lost my footing. I quickly mark the trunk, jumped down and landed safely on the ground. I glanced over and saw that I got a slight bit higher than Sasuke, who in turn beat Naruto. But I glanced around and didn't see Sakura.

"Hey! This is too easy."

We all looked up to see Sakura sitting on a branch at the top of the tree. I should have known that she would make it up to the top. After all, she is the smartest of the group. Or so she thought. I quickly got back up and ran forward. For the rest of the day, Naruto, Sasuke and I continued training. Well we actually went in early to eat but came right back out to train more.

Six hours later...

"Phew, I think I'll call it a night for now." Naruto said. "Y/N-chan, are you coming in?"

"Yeah, I'll be in soon, Naruto." I told him.

I watched as Naruto and Sasuke entering the house. I just sat underneath a tree and stared at the crescent moon that glowed in the dark night sky. I was thinking about calling it a night and start back tomorrow morning with Naruto and Sasuke. I knew I shouldn't strain myself. That was definitely a bad idea.

"Hmm? Y/N, you're still up?" I quickly looked up to see Kakashi. He slowly walked over and took a seat next to me. I was wondering why he was still up. "I figured you would be asleep by now."