Chapter 26

A Secret Between Jinchuriki

"Gaara? So, that's who you are." Kimimaru says as he sends an attack out, aiming right for us.

As the attack flew towards us, a wall of sand emerged and shielded me and Gaara from the attack. The small bone bullets moved slowly through the sand and when they made it out to the other side, they simply fell to the ground, losing the momentum they once had.

"You're hasty, aren't you?" Gaara asks.

"Gaara? What are you doing here?" Lee asked as we stood up.

"I have....a big debt to Konoha." He answered.

"Wait! If you're here, then that means Temari and Kankuro are here as well." I said to him.

"Yes, you are correct." Gaara replies. "They are helping the others."

"Hmm, well we appreciate the help." I told him. "Our opponent is Kimimaru. He can use his bones as weapons. Whether it for long-range or short range attacks. He uses them in strange dances, so be careful when getting close to him. And one more thing, he can create new bones."

"Gaara of the Desert." Kimimaru says. "As your name implies, I'm guessing you use sand."

Gaara used his sand to make Kimimaru move around the search battlefield. As Kimimaru sent our more of his bone bullets, Gaara simply blocked using his sand. Then it started to cause sand to come down on rain, right on top of Kimimaru. The sand started to spin like a vortex, trapping Kimimaru inside. Now there was no way for him to escape.

"As long as I have sand, I can do anything. You're the one who's a fool." Gaara tells him.

"Ninja Art: Desert Funeral!" Gaara called out as he held his hand out. With that, he closed his hand, causing the sand to tighten as well. "Looking at him reminds me of that guy. Sasuke Uchiha. They have the same eyes." Gaara says.

"I know, I picked up on that as well." I said quietly. "Eyes that wish to prove the worth of their existence. Am I right?"

"Exactly." Gaara replied.

As we stood there, the sand suddenly started moving. Before long, Kimimaru emerged from the sand. As I looked on, I noticed marking covering his body. I knew it had to be the curse mark, the same as Sasuke's. Kimimaru just stood there as he glared at me and Gaara.

"This punk is still alive?" I growled.

"What impressive pressure." Kimimaru says. "If I hadn't created these marks under my skin, I would've been crushed."

"Those bones.... He's a monster." Gaara said.

"What a troublesome body." I added.

"I underestimated you, but I will not get caught by your sand again." Kimimaru growled.

After hearing that, Gaara started performing hand signs, which caused his sand to shoot out in a strong and powerful wave.

"Ninja Art: Desert Avalanche!" he called out.

Kimimaru tries to avoid the sand but before long is caught. The sand swallowed Kimimaru within seconds. Kimimaru continues to try to escape, but the power of the waves crushed over him once again. Sand covered trees and looked like a raging river. The way the attack looked, there was no way he could have survive that. This time, I actually thought that Gaara was completed, but to my surprise, he had one final attack up his sleeve.

"Ninja Art: Desert Requiem!" exclaimed Gaara. The ground started shaking violently once Gaara started his attack. "What an annoying guy."