Chapter 17

Sasuke Versus Gaara,
Sand Attacks The Leaf

'That guy, he isn't normal.' I thought. 'He's like a monster. A demon.' I looked over at Naruto and Shikamaru. They were afraid and it sensed as if they witnessed this. "Naruto? Shikamaru? What's wrong?"

"That guy, Gaara. He... he almost tried to kill us before." Shikamaru said.

"What?! When did this happen?" I asked.

"Back at the hospital." Naruto said. "We were visiting Bushy-brow and we found him inside his room. He had his sand wrapped around him."

"He... he tried to kill Lee?" I asked.

"He probably would have killed Bushy-brow if Shikamaru and I hadn't entered the room." Naruto explained.

"He even told us that he was going to kill him." Shikamaru added.

Flashback....

"You already beat him once in the competition. What's your problem? Isn't that enough for you?" Shikamaru asked. "Do you have some kind of person grudge against him or something?"

"I have nothing against him." Gaara answered. "It's nothing complicated. I simply want to kill him, that's all."

"You know what?! You're sick in the head!" Naruto yelled." You're crazy!"

"You think we're just going to stand by and let you do whatever you want?" Shikamaru questioned. "You sick, selfish psycho."

"If you don't stay out of my way, I'll have to kill you two as well." Gaara threatened.

"Oh really!? Well let's just see you try it!" Naruto taunted.

"Hey! Whoa kid, take it easy!" Shikamaru told him. "Yeah, yeah. We watched your last match against Lee." Shikamaru said to Gaara. "We know you're tough. But you know; Naruto and I have a few tricks up our sleeves as well."

End of flashback.....

"Naruto, I can't believe you told him that." I said. "And he's response was that he has a demon inside himself too."

"Yeah, that's right." Naruto said.

'That's why I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw him.' I thought. 'He has a demon sealed inside him, just like me and Naruto.'

"He said that the beast was a sand spirit named Shukaku, whatever the hell that meant." Shikamaru added.

"So, what stopped him from killing you two?" I asked.

"Gai sensei." Shikamaru answered. "When he walked in, Gaara just stopped his sand. It just floated right where it was."

'Damn it. Shukaku? Kiyiya? Do you know who Shukaku is?' I asked her though our link.

"Shukaku is the Ichibi, otherwise known as the One-Tailed Beast. Its animal is the Raccoon." Kiyiya explained. "He is the Demon of the Hidden Sand Village. Its element is wind."

'Do you know exactly how strong he is?' I asked.

"Well of course, he doesn't come near my power or Kurama's." she explained. "However, it's extremely violent and loves to torture its opponents. And because he only has one tail, that means he can transform into his full form faster than any of the others."