Chapter 23

It Begins, Naruto vs. Sasuke

After returning from our mission in the Land of Tea, we returned back to Konoha. Sasuke was admitted into the hospital after he was injured by Aoi. Naruto was able to successfully take out Aoi, allowing Idate to win the race for his family. But as we headed home, I could tell that something was wrong. Sasuke was acting strange, but this wasn't the first time I've seen the signs. Sasuke was currently in the hospital room and Sakura was already there visiting.

"Thank goodness you don't have any serious injuries, Sasuke-kun." Sakura told Sasuke as she fixed a flower on the table. "Naruto and Y/N were relieved, too."

Sasuke didn't say a word as he sat up straight in his bed. Memories of the mission continued to play back in his mind. Naruto saving them in the water, Aoi disrespecting him and his clan and then electrocuting him, thus making him pass out.

"Sasuke-kun, you must be hungry." Sakura says. "Is there anything that you want to eat? I can go buy something....."

Sakura soon left to find something for Sasuke to eat. Once she was gone, Sasuke just stayed in the same position Sakura left him. Before long, Sasuke frowns as he falls back onto his pillow. As he looked out the window, he could see his brother's Sharingan staring right back at him. About an hour or so later, he started hearing footsteps.

Y/N's Point of View:

Naruto and I had just arrived at the hospital and were making our way towards Sasuke's room. As we did so, up ahead, we spotted Sakura just about to enter a room as she carried a bag.

"Hey, Sakura-chan!" Naruto yelled.

"Naruto! Y/N!" Sakura said as she looked at us. Sakura opened the door and entered as we followed behind. We watched as she walked over to Sasuke's bedside. "They're only apples." She told him. "But you don't hate them, do you? It looks delicious, doesn't it? Now, where did that knife go?"

"Wasn't it right in front of you?" Naruto asked. "Sasuke might have taken it since it was right in front of him."

"Sakura, it's right there." I said pointing to the knife.

"Oh, thanks." Sakura said as she picked it up and started slicing and cutting the apple into smaller pieces. "There, all set. Nice and small. Here you go, Sasuke-kun." She said as she handed Sasuke the piece of apple.

Sasuke turned his head and glared at the apple before slapping it out of Sakura's hand. He also made the plate fall off her lap, landing and breaking right on Naruto's head. This caused the blonde to sit up instantly as he screamed in pain.

"What the heck!" Naruto yelled.

Sasuke just turned his head and glared evilly at Naruto. Sakura was sitting as fear appeared on her face. I had already lifted myself off the wall and just stared at what Sasuke had just done.

"What? What is it?" Naruto asked as he looked at Sasuke and saw the glare he was sending him. "You don't have to glare at me like that!"

"Hey, Naruto." Sasuke finally spoke.

"What is it?" Naruto asked.

"Fight me." Sasuke replied. "Now!"

"What?" Naruto asked as he gave him a confused look. "But Granny Tsunade just healed you. What are you talking about?"

"Just fight me!" Sasuke yelled as he activated his incomplete Sharingan, causing Naruto to gasp as a reply.

"Did you intend to save me?" Sasuke asked. "That Fifth Hokage or whatever.... Interfering with other people's affairs...."