Chapter 19

New Danger Enters The Hidden Leaf

Through the early hours of the morning, the sound of light chimes of bells rung through the misty morning fog. With that, two figures approached the gates of Konoha. Both were clad in black cloaks with red cloud and straw hats that were rimmed with strips of paper and stringed bells. A guard nearby tried to stop them but was quickly dealt with. The strangers freely entered the village undetected.

"You know where he is?" the tallest one of the two asked.

"Yeah." his partner replied. "Let's go."

—————————————————

Kakashi was leaning up against a post as he read his book. He suddenly looks away to spot Asuma and Kurenai walking together as they approached him. "You two seem to be getting along." He stated.

After hearing that, Kurenai looked away as a blush appeared, covering her cheeks. "Idiot. Anko just asked me to pick up some dango for her." she told him.

"What are you doing here? Aside from catching up on your reading." Asuma asked.

"Oh, I'm just buying something to put on a grave. Plus I'm meeting someone here." Kakashi explained as he sneaked a sideways glanced behind him, where two strangers were sitting. "I'm just waiting on Sasuke."

"Ha, it's not like you to be waiting on someone." Asuma said. "Is it for Obito?"

"Huh? Obito?" Kurenai said confused.

"Yeah...kind of." Kakashi answered.

Soon Kakashi spotted Sasuke approaching him and the others. "Kakashi, it's not like you to show up early. What gives?" Asked the young Uchiha.

"Well....sometimes I do." Kakashi answered.

"Hn, according to Y/N, you only appear early when there's a mission." He told him. "Let's eat somewhere else. I don't have much of a sweet tooth."

"Is that so..." Kakashi said as he sent a look at Kurenai and Asuma. Both nodded in understanding and jumped away.

—————————————————

Meanwhile, the two strangers from before were walking beside the waterfront. They suddenly came to a stop once they spotted Kurenai and Asuma standing in their way.

"You guys aren't from around here, are you?" Asuma asked, not recognizing either stranger. "What are you doing here in this village?"

"It's been a long time, Asuma, Kurenai." The short one of the two greeted.

"The fact that you know our names must mean that you're a Shinobi formerly of this village." Asuma growled.

The one Asuma was speaking to took a hold of his straw hat and removed it, thus revealing his Sharingan. Both Asuma and Kurenai's eyes widened in shock.

"Huh? Well what do you know, Itachi?" Asuma scoffed. "Itachi Uchiha."

—————————————————

"Are these friends of yours, Itachi?" the other one asked. "Well then, I better introduce myself." he said as he removed his own straw hat to reveal himself. The man had a shark-like appearance. he had blue skin and hair. "We can get better acquainted later. The name's Kisame Hoshigaki."