Epilogue

Heading Down New And Different Paths

Normal Point of View:

Later that night, Naruto was lying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He was suddenly brought out of his thoughts when he heard something. When he sat up, he looked forward and saw the window opened. Not only that but there was someone sitting on the window sill.

"Huh? Who's there?" Naruto asked.

"Hmm, I'm glad that you're okay, Naruto." Said the calm voice.

"Y...Y/N-chan?" Naruto asked.

Naruto saw me stand up and enter his room. I stood beside the open window and saw Naruto sitting up in his bed. I was wearing a sleeveless dark blue shirt, which was attached to my dark blue mask and black loose-fitting pants. As I stood there, Naruto had a big smile on his face but suddenly it vanished.

"Y/N-chan..... Sasuke....." Naruto started.

"Naruto, you don't have to say it. I already know." I told him.

"Huh? You do?" he asks.

I simply nod my head. "Yes." I said quietly. "But Naruto, its mostly my fault."

"Huh? How is that?" he asks.

"I thought that I would leave this between you and him. That's why I didn't get involved." I explained. "I wanted to do something. Even Sakura tried, yet I didn't. If, if you hate me, I don't blame you. I hate myself too."

I was about to continue but before I could, I found Naruto standing right in front of me. He's face looked calm but serious at the same time. But even with his face like that, I couldn't read anything else. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or what he was about to do. But like I told him, if he was mad and hated me, I wouldn't blame him for doing so.

"Naruto?" I asked.

Suddenly Naruto stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me, carefully pulling me into a hug. I immediately frozen in my spot. I was completely taken by surprise by Naruto's action. I knew if it was Sakura, she would have snapped and attack in a heartbeat. But I didn't do such a thing. Not to Naruto.

"Y/N-chan. I don't hate you and I don't blame you. I never will." Naruto told me.

"But Naruto...." I began.

"Y/N, I know that you would never fight your friends. So I knew you wouldn't fight Sasuke." Naruto explained. "I felt the same way too, but it's a little different with Sasuke and I. We're rivals." He said as he released me.

"I understand. But next time, next time will be different." I told him.

"Huh? What do you mean, Y/N-chan?" Naruto says.

"Naruto, I promise that I am going to work hard and help you bring Sasuke back." I told him. "And that's a promise I intend to keep, no matter what."

"Heh, glad to have you aboard, Y/N-chan." Naruto says happily.

"Let's promise each other that we are going to work hard and become stronger." I told him. "We will defeat any opponent that stands in our way, defeat the Akatsuki and bring Sasuke back home."

"Yeah. I'm with you all the way." Naruto agrees.

—————————————————

Y/N's Point of View:

The following day, it was around noon and the sun was shining brightly high in the sky. Naruto was lying in his bed, bored out of his mind. He was even contemplating the idea of sneaking out of the hospital and try to get some training in. As Naruto lay there, continue to think, he heard a tap at his window. Naruto sat up, climbed out of bed and ran over to the window. When he looked off to his left, he saw me standing there, wearing a hooded jacket and holding one in my left hand.