Chapter 14

Y/N Hatake Versus Kino Nakazuka

Kino and his clones came rushing forward, each grasping a kunai. I just stood my ground and got ready to defend myself. Each clone tried to strike me with their kunai but I was able to block with my sword, pushing them back as I did so. When they came back, I rushed forward and struck the clones hard, making them transform back into water.

Once all the clones were defeated, I found Kino and went on the offensive. Kino had abandoned his kunai knife and started using his own katana. We collided with each other, creating a spark of light for a quick second. Back and forth, we continued to collide. And after one final collision, Kino and I jumped away and landed back in the spots we started off.

"Damn it, he's better than I thought. Looks like I won't be ending this as fast as I thought I would." I said quietly to myself.

"Heh, like I said before. You're nothing but a weak Genin from the weak Leaf Village." Kino taunted.

"All bark and no bite." I taunted back plainly.

"Now then, let's really get this match started." He says. "Let's really pick up the speed and let me show you what I'm capable of."

"You talk too much." I stated plainly.

With our swords drawn, Kino and I rushed forward once again and started colliding. However, this time around, his attacks were much powerful and faster. Now the fight was turning to one of equal grounds but I had a slight advantage over him. As I continued my fight with Kino, Naruto and the others were observing from the upper decks.

"Oh wow, Y/N-chan is doing great." Naruto said.

"Yeah. Now I see why she likes using a sword so much." Sakura added.

"All right! Y/N-chan definitely has this match in the bag. She is so going to win." Naruto said.

"Come on, Y/N!" Sakura and Naruto yelled together.

'Amazing. This is Y/N's first time taking the Chuunin Exams and she's made it to the preliminaries. She certainly has grown.' Kakashi thought as he smiled to himself.

Collision after collision, Kino and I attacked stronger and faster than each blow. After one final collision, we knocked each other's swords out of each other's hands, but that didn't stop us. Even after losing our swords, we continued to fight, by using Taijutsu.

"Hmm, so you're not only good with a sword. You're good with Taijutsu as well." Kino said.

"Like I told you, never should underestimate the ninja or Kunoichi for that matter, of the Hidden Leaf Village." I growled.

Fists and kicks from left and right came fast and strong from Kino and I. Neither one of us were holding anything back. I balled my fist, getting ready to punch Kino with everything I had. I brought it forward and caught the left side of his face, but he was able to do the same. The force of our punches sent us both flying back and away from each other. As Kino and I flew back, we both grabbed our swords and landed on our feet. Just as we did so, we both got into a ready stance.

'Yeah, he's strong all right. I need to...' I suddenly stopped my train of thought as soon as my head started pounding again. "Not good, this is bad." I groaned.

"Heh, what's wrong? Don't tell me you're about to give up already?" Kino asked. "And I was planning on having more fun with you."

'Now he's just going to toying with me.' I thought.

"But I guess it's about time I finished this little battle of ours." Kino said "Water Style: Water Clone Jutsu!"