Chapter 4

Nightmares and Missions

Y/N's Point of View, Dream Sequence:

I found myself walking out into a large open field. It was night but the light from the full moon lighten the entire area. I continued to move forward but something caught my attention. I looked ahead to see a dark figure standing near the trees. The only thing I could make out was their eyes. They were a bright, golden, yellow color with a slit down the middle of both of them. To be honest, they definitely looked like snake eyes.

"Y/N." A hissing voice came from the figure. "Y/N."

I just stood there, staring. For some reason I couldn't move. My mind was telling me to do so but my body didn't register the command at all. I knew I had to stay calm. I couldn't allow fear to be shown on my face or in my eyes for that matter. Showing any kind of emotion, necessary or not, was a sign of weakness. Yeah, it was easier to think it then actually doing it.

"Who... who are you? And how do you know my name?" I asked, making my voice sound a little braver than I felt.

"Very soon, you will be mine." The voice hissed.

"Who are you?" I growled.

At this point, I was becoming irritated. Fear was slowly disappearing. I wanted answers and this figure wasn't giving me anything. As I stood there, I suddenly felt an eerie presence. I also started hearing feral growling coming from behind as well. I slowly turned my head and glanced back. To my surprise, I found a large silver wolf standing there, baring its bright white canines. I also realized that the wolf had markings on its face, similar to my own. The wolf suddenly turned its sights onto me. Its liquid silver eyes staring into my slate gray ones.

"Y/N Hatake." I heard the wolf growl.

I just stood there, quiet. Now I really couldn't move. Suddenly the large wolf lunged forward. I closed my eyes and waited for the wolf to attack me, but nothing happened. I slowly reopened my eyes and found the wolf running after the dark figure that stood across the field. Before the wolf reached the figure, everything went blank.

End of Dream Sequence:

When I woke up, I found myself staring at the ceiling inside my room. Sweat was covering my face, my heart was racing and I was out of breath. "That stupid dream again." I mumbled to myself.

I turned my head and saw it was only ten minutes till five. As I lay there, I raised my shirt to look at my stomach. And there, I saw that the sealing mark had manifested. But as soon as I calmed myself down, it vanished. I just released a puff of air and pulled my shirt down. About fifteen minutes later, I soon got up and started getting ready. After getting dressed in my normal attire, I decided I would take a little walk. And just in case Onii-chan got up before I got back, I left him a note on the kitchen table.

I quietly left the apartment and began walking down the streets of Konoha. Even though it was early, I saw there were a few people walking around. I simply nodded as I walked pass them and proceeded forward. Before long I made it to the Memorial Stone. I sat right in front of it, Indian-style. I bowed my head and said a small prayer before opening my eyes and lifting my head up.

"Otou-san. Okaa-san. I'm sorry for not visiting you sooner. It's been awhile and a lot has happen since my last visit." I said quietly. "For one, I graduated the academy in the top five of my class and becoming a Genin. And get this, Onii-chan is my sensei, can you believe it. I know you both would be proud of Onii-chan and I."

I just sat there with a smile on my face, even though it couldn't be seen. I placed a hand on the stone and just rubbed it gently. I soon just let the smile disappear and just placed my normal, plain laid back look back on.