Chapter 11

The First Exam, A Written Test

As we stood there, we were all approached by our former classmates. The first to appear was Ino Yamanaka, another one of Sasuke's fan-girls and rival to Sakura. Ino's teammates weren't far behind. Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi soon appeared. Soon Hinata Hyuga appeared. Right beside her were her teammates, Kiba Inuzuka with his dog Akamaru, and Shino Aburame. The ten rookies were together again.

"Hello there." I heard someone say. I turned around to see a silver haired boy with glasses.

"My name is Kabuto Yakushi." He said.

"Uh hello, Kabuto Yakushi. My name is...." I started.

"Y/N Hatake. You're one of the top female rookies who just graduated from the academy." He finished. "Am I right?"

"Yeah, that's right. How did you know about that?" I asked.

"I always make sure that I have information about the rookies and other ninjas that come and try to compete in the Chuunin Exams." He explained.

"Hmm, I see." I said. "That's pretty smart."

As we stood there, Kabuto pulled out info cards on both Rock Lee and Gaara of the Sand. Apparently they were both strong, so we should watch out for them. He soon started explaining about the ninja from the Hidden Sound Village. This was a newly formed village and little was known about the village or its ninjas. Suddenly three Sound Ninjas jumped up from their seats. The one with a metal object on his arm swung at Kabuto but missed. Just when I thought Kabuto was about to attack, he's glasses shattered and he threw up on the floor.

"I don't get it. That guy didn't even land a punch." I thought to myself.

Suddenly a cloud of smoke appeared in front of the classroom. Once it cleared, several high level ninja stood before us, along with a tall guy wearing a black jacket. We found out that his name was Ibiki Morino. He explained that the first test would be a written test and that we would be drawing numbers to find out where we would be seating. After taking our seats, I found that my teammates and I were scattered.

"A written test! Aw man, this sucks!" I heard Naruto yelled.

'Naruto, calm down. I can help you out but you can't give away our secret.' I thought to Naruto.

'Oh yeah, I'd completely forgot about our new skill, Y/N-chan.' Naruto thought back. 'I really appreciate this. I owe you one.'

"Don't mention it, Naruto." I thought.

"Everyone, eyes front. And I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around." Ibiki ordered.

'Hmm, this guy is strict. No wonder he's a test prompter.' I thought.

"Rule 1, the written part of the exam is scored on a point reduction scale. You all will start with a total of ten points. For each question you get wrong, you lose one point." Ibiki explained. "Rule number 2, teams will pass or fail determine on the total points of all its members.

'Damn, they aren't kidding with this exam. It's as if they want us to fail.' I thought.

"Rule numbers 3, the sentinels around the room are there to catch anyone who tries to cheat. And for every time they catch you, they will subtract two points from the culprit's score." Ibiki continued. "Be warned, their eyes are extremely sharp. And if they catch you five times, you'll automatically fail."

—————————————————

After finishing the lecture, the test began. Once I turned the papers over, I found that the questions were way above what I thought they would be asking. Not only did you have to answer the question, but you had to answer questions within the question. Plus to make things harder, they give us extremely hard scenarios that could take drastic turns at any time. Seeing that I wasn't going to answer these questions on my own, I figured I would have no choice but to cheat. All I need to worry about is not getting caught. As the test continued, several ninjas were taken out of the room because they were caught cheating. Soon it was time for the tenth question.