Chapter 5

Demon of the Hidden Mist

A few minutes later, I finally made it to the main entrance to the village. So far, I was the first to arrive. Pretty soon everyone else appeared, including the client. The smug, vulgar, disrespectful old geezer named Tazuna. After leaving the village, making our way down the long dirt road, I spotted a puddle on the side of the road. I glanced up towards the sky and to see that there wasn't a single cloud. The only view was the clear blue sky.

'Okay, there's a puddle on the side of the road and it hasn't rain in weeks. Sure... that's not weird at all.' I thought with sarcasm.

I continued to move forward but glanced back, out of the corner of my eye, to look at Onii-chan. He caught my glance and simply nodded his head. I knew that whatever was going to happen, I needed to be aware of everything and everyone around me. Suddenly I caught a strange sound in the air. Right after hearing the sound, two figures appeared. They were both linked by a spiked chain as they flew down and captured Kakashi. Then they both pulled and sliced them into shreds.

"Kakashi sensei!" Sakura screamed.

Suddenly both figures appeared behind Naruto and started attacking; however, Sasuke was able to throw a kunai and a shuriken to capture the two figures. By holding them with their own chain, I jumped forward and landed on top of them. Then in one quick movement, I kicked both of them square in the head. But as soon as the chain broke, they both moved. One went after Sakura and Tazuna while the other went for Naruto. I saw Sasuke head over towards Sakura and Tazuna, so I went over to help Naruto. But before either one could attack, Kakashi sensei appeared and took them both out in an instant.

'He can be such a show off sometimes.' I thought as I released a breath of relief, glad that he was all right.

After Tazuna explained the full reason for requesting escorts, we all got the feeling that this mission was going to get harder than we thought. But we all agreed to continue on with the mission. We asked for it so we are going to finish it. We were able to make it to the Land of Waves by boat. At the beginning, it was mainly foggy but as soon as we entered a tunnel and exited out to the other side, it was clear as day. Once we got off the boat, we proceeded moving forward, making our way towards Tazuna's home.

As we move, I could tell that Kakashi was looking a little worried. Well maybe worried would be over exaggerating. He looked more focused than usual. He looked as if he was waiting for something to happen. Or for someone to appear. And before long, that something, or should I say someone, finally made their presence known.

"Everyone, get down!" Kakashi yelled.

A large board sword appeared out of nowhere and was heading right towards us. We all quickly got down on the ground as the sword flew over us and slammed into a tree, lodging itself in the trunk. Then suddenly, a tall man appeared out of nowhere and stood on the handle of the sword. We all quickly got up and stared at the man.

"Well, well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi. Rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist." Kakashi stated.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan eye; did I get that right?" Zabuza said in a guttural tone. "It's too bad huh? But you'll have to hand over the old man."

"Now quick, manji formation, protect the bridge builder. And stay out of this fight." Kakashi instructed. "I taught you teamwork, so it's time to use it."

With that said; Zabuza started to use his skills and caused the area to become surrounded in dense fog. And it wasn't normal fog. I could feel chakra lingering though it. We quickly got into formation and kept our guard up as Kakashi fought him. But suddenly, Zabuza was somehow able to appear in-between us. However, Kakashi got to us in time and stopped his attack. As the fight between the two Jounin continued, Zabuza was somehow able to kick Kakashi into the water and trapped him inside some kind of water prison.