Chapter 27

Mission Failed, Friends Saved

Once Kakashi found Naruto, he slowly picked up the unconscious blonde and began to move, heading back to the village. As Kakashi jumped from branch to branch, Naruto slowly regained consciousness and found himself moving at a fast pace high in the trees.

"Kakashi-Sensei....." Naruto said quietly, causing Kakashi to look back at his student. "Where's Sasuke?"

Kakashi continued to look back, thinking of a way how he should answer Naruto's question. Suddenly a shadow was seen over Naruto. But it was only the Medical Nin coming from Konoha. They came to see if Naruto was alright but found Kakashi had him.

"Kakashi...." One started. "How is Naruto Uzumaki's condition?"

"He's fine." Kakashi answered.

"And Sasuke? Where is Sasuke Uchiha?" he asked next.

Kakashi just remained silent as he shook his head. Naruto just looked forward, knowing that Sasuke was gone. The Medical Nin understood and just returned his sights forward as he, Kakashi and the others continued to move through the forest.

"What's the situation with the other Genin?" Kakashi asks.

"Yes. By Lady Tsunade's orders, the first and second medic teams were dispatched, and have already taken the injured to receive emergency treatment." one Medical Nin explained.

"And their conditions?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes. Shikamaru Nara's injury is minor. Kiba Inuzuka has a deep wound, but his live isn't in danger." The first explained. "Also, Rock Lee and Y/N Hatake returned with a few scratches and bruises."

"Neji Hyuuga and Choji Akimichi are both in critical condition." Explained the second. "For now, their recovery is uncertain."

Naruto was listening as the medical team explained. But soon he started to lose consciousness once more. But just before he did, he saw his teammates; Shikamaru, Kiba, Kazumi, Neji and Choji flying ahead of him.

'Everyone.....' Naruto thought and soon blacked out.

—————————————————

Back at Konoha, Choji was still in the emergency treatment unit being treated. Tsunade was sitting at a desk, searching through a book as she started creating antidotes with healing herbs and her knowledge of Medical Ninjutsu.

'The medicinal ingredients and effects are well researched.... As expected.....' Tsunade thought. "Bring me a deer's antler!" she yelled.

"Yes." Called out one assistant as Tsunade began to crush herbs and medicine inside a small bowl in front of her.

—————————————————

"How is he, sis?" Kiba asked his sister, who was checking on Akamaru. Kiba was lying in bed as he looked at the two.

"He won't be walking for a while." She told him as she softly petted Akamaru. "The muscles in his arms and legs are damaged."

"Sis, you're a vet, aren't you?" Kiba asked. "Can't something....."

"Don't worry. It'll take some time, but his life Is not in danger." She assured Kiba as he winced in pain. "No walking for you, either."

"Yeah, I understand." Kiba said with a chuckle.

—————————————————