Chapter 10

Entering The Exams, Meet Rock Lee

The next morning, we all gathered at the bridge once more and just stood there, waiting for Kakashi to arrive. Once again we found ourselves waiting longer for my brother to appear. I could never wrap my head around him. First he gives up a time to me up and we end up waiting for almost three hours. Hell, I think the shortest we waited for him was three hours. I bet if I leave now and head over to the Memorial Stone, he'll be there. Just as that thought popped into my head, Kakashi suddenly appears.

"Well would you look at that. I thought him up." I joked to myself.

"Sorry I'm late guys. I got lost on the path of life." Kakashi explained.

"You lie!" Naruto and Sakura both exclaimed together. Kakashi jumped down and landed right in front of us.

"I know this is a bit sudden, but I'm recommending you for the Chuunin Exams. All four of you." He explained as he took out four sheets of paper. "These are the application forms."

"Application forms?" Sakura asked.

"You're repeating me Sakura." Kakashi told her. "This is all voluntary. It's up to each of you. If you don't feel ready, you can wait till next year."

"Wait till next year?" I questioned to myself. "To hell with that. I want to see just how these exams work. I'm not passing up this opportunity."

"All right! Kakashi sensei, you rock!" Naruto yelled as he latched himself around Kakashi's neck. I could help but snicker quietly to myself.

"Okay. Don't slobber on my vest." Kakashi told Naruto. I just laughed harder, but kept it in my head. "Whoever wants to take the exam, sign the application and come to room 301 at the academy. It's a 3 pm, five days from now. That's it."

Five days later....

When the day of the exams arrived, we all met in front of the academy. I had to admit, I was a little surprised to see Sakura here. I figured she would succumb to the pressure and wait. But, I guess I'm glad that she did come. When we entered the building, we saw the other Genin that were accepted to participate in the Chuunin Exams. Apparently there was a problem. Two kids were blocking the entrance to the room. But it was obvious that this wasn't the floor. We were just on the second when we needed to be on the third.

With the Genjutsu canceled, we were about to head in. However, one of the boys decided to take a cheap shot towards Sasuke. Sasuke, however, spotted this and aimed an counter attack. But before either one could land a hit, a boy with a green jumpsuit appeared and stopped both attacks with his bare hands. As I looked at him, I had a feeling that he had to be a student under my brother's rival, Might Gai. Then two people walked over to us. One was a girl wearing a pink shirt and had her hair in two small buns. The other was a boy with long brown hair tied into a ponytail and had purplish-lavender eyes.

"Hey, what happened to the plan?" the boy asked. "I thought you were the one who said to keep a low profile and don't let anyone see our skill level?"

"I know, but..." the guy with the green jumpsuit started.

"Never mind, it's over." The girl of their group stated. "Just forget it."

As the group stood there before us, I noticed the boy with the green jumpsuit. I say that his cheeks were turning red a little. I then noticed that he was staring at me. If I didn't have a shocked/confused look on my face before, I did now. I snapped myself out of my train of thought just in time to see him walking towards me.

"My name is Rock Lee. You are Y/N, right?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah. That's right." I answered.

"Please be my girlfriend!" he quickly stated. He was blushing more, smiling big and was giving me a thumbs up in the process. "I vow to protect you with my life."