Chapter 37-Epilogue

'Every new beginning comes from another beginning' –Seneca

I laughed at Adrian as he made a face at something.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Some kid just ran straight through dog poop and now his parents are trying to clean his shoe."

"Why does it not surprise me that it was a boy?"

"Hey!" Adrian said indignantly, "Stop referring to stereotypes! That makes you dumb because your blonde."

"Fine, I see your point. I may be blonde but I'm not dumb." I accentuated my sentence with a punch and he winced and rubbed his shoulder. We continued walking for a little while longer until we came to the top of the hill. Adrian placed down the wicker basket and then sat down, patting his lap. Obliging his wishes I sat on his lap and pecked his lips.

"Are you going to tell me why you brought me here for the date?" I questioned. He had brought me to a small hill outside of town for the date and I wasn't quite sure what he was getting at, there were plenty of hill in a closer proximity to our houses.

"Just wait a few minutes and then you'll see," he whispered secretively. I groaned but didn't quiz him further.

"What food did you pack?" I said, feeling my hunger kick in.

"Sandwiches and cake," he replied with a smirk.

"How creative," I mused before grabbing a sandwich. "Have you heard about Penny and Caine lately?"

"I have. They are still pranking each other and yet they are still a couple, it's astounding really."

"They are perfect for each other, that's all. Besides, Caine can't live without his Ariel and Penny can't survive without her Idiot," I responded before gasping. The first golden rays of sunset had become obvious and they were quickly accompanied by the pinks and purples that now adorned the sky.

"Can you see now why I brought you here?" Adrian whispered in my ear. Too stunned to respond I nodded. It was truly stunning to watch and being with my amazing boyfriend made it all the more better. Our silence spoke thousands of words and memories and it made me more comfortable than I had been in a while.

"Adrian, how is your leg?" I asked, remembering that night a few months ago.

"It could be better," he shrugged. The bullet had done more damage than was originally thought so now Adrian had a slight limp that would go away with time. I was incredibly guilty for that because had Adrian never met me or come with me that night it wouldn't have happened. He would tell a different story though, claiming that he would have done it anyway. I subconsciously rubbed my wrists and the scars that lined them, just another few to add the ones already lining my body.

"How can you put up with me?" I wondered, "I sure wouldn't have."

"But that is what makes us different, fiammella, I certainly would and will not give up. Not ever. Any you better get used that because I won't ever give up on you," Adrian said with a serious certainty that I believed in.

"I hope you don't leave, I couldn't cope if you did. I rely on you too much," I muttered just loud enough for him to hear. "I hope I didn't inflate your ego anymore because one day it will make your head burst." Adrian cracked up laughing and that set me off, relieving the tension that had started appearing in our conversation.

We laughed until we were both breathless and even then we just looked at each other and grinned. At that moment I could believe that everything was perfect and nothing was wrong. Penny had been saying for the last few weeks that we should get married and have a whole bunch of mini Ash's and Adrian's running around. She was also spouting that she would be the bridesmaid. But Penny was constantly saying ridiculous things like how she could sabotage Caine's collection of pillows and how much sushi she was going to buy next time she went to buy food with her Angel and Devil. Penny was certainly quite the character and I suppose she would scare some people, but never me. She wouldn't be Penny if she wasn't crazy though and I wouldn't love her half as much as I do. She is truly amazing and lets not forget that she helped me get back with Adrian. Adrian. Just his name made me feel safe and comforted by his all encompassing love. I loved that about him, his easy going nature that pulled you in until you were in to deep to go away. That is what truly saved me from Anne, Adrian and how he never gave up on me. His overwhelming persistence to help.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Adrian asked, tapping the top of my head.

"Nothing much. Only that I love you and I will never stop loving you."

"I love you too, fiammella, and nothing could make me stop loving you as much as I do now. I know it's cheesy but it's true."  Adrian then proceeded to kiss me senseless under the light of the burning sunset where only we were could share the moment.

I KNOW IT IS SHORT BUT IT'S DONE!!!! 6 and a bit months of work and I have completed my first book, aged 13. This is amazing and I wouldn't have done it without the support of my many, many fans both here on Wattpad and outside of Wattpad.I have read every single comment and they were all amazing!

THIS WAS MEANT TO BE OPEN ENDED SO YOU CAN MAKE UP WHETHER OR NOT THEY GET MARRIED, HAVE KIDS, ETC.

If you have any questions please feel free to Private Message me, I do answer them!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW