Chapter 3-Tutoring

‘The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all’-The Emperor from ‘Mulan’

I was right my life was becoming a living hell. I spent the day attached to Penny’s side in case of the upcoming confrontation. She was in all my classes anyway. It was at the lunch break when Adrian finally walked over. Penny saw my line of sight from behind my ever present book and raised an eyebrow while holding in her laughter. Only Penny was capable of doing that. I had told her the bare minimum of what happened yesterday and she knew, like I did, that Adrian was going to come talk to me about it at some point today.Adrian sat beside me and pulled the book out of my hands. I tried grabbing it back but all he did was smirk and stand up with the book above his head. I smirked and stood up myself and quickly grabbed the book off him. I laughed so hard at his stunned expression that I had to sit back down and grab my stomach, book long forgotten. That set Penny off and so we got a few strange looks from the people around us but we ignored them and continued our silent laughter. What was it with the lunch time laughter? Adrian was not used to girls being tall as the majority of the girls were tiny short things so he was not expecting me to stand up and be a similar height to him. He could only blame himself really because I was standing next to him yesterday at his house. When I managed to breathe again he spoke.

“I loved your cookies, I think you made my mother jealous at your cooking skills,” I kept my face impassive.

“Tell your mother I can make more if she wants,”

“Ok I will… rich girl,”

“Hey!” I exclaimed slapping my hand over his mouth, “I don’t want any attention!” prying my off his mouth he smirked.

“Girls can’t keep their hands off me,” he muttered low enough for me to hear, “Even Miss Perfect.”

“I told you he had an ego as big as Mount Everest!” I say to Penny.

“You weren’t lying Ash.”

“Of course she wasn’t, Ashley here is strictly against anything dishonest and possibly anything else that requires her to be against her good girl nature,” that was Adrian.

“I don’t detest them Adrian, I just would rather not do them because I detest the attention,” I said. Luckily the bell saved me from his response and I got as far away from him as possible.

I headed towards my chemistry class, the one class I’d already done. Finding my usual seat I took out my book and started reading and Penny sat beside me also taking out a book. Soon enough Mr. Jones walked in calling the classes attention. It just had to be in the good part of the book too. After calling the role and setting the class work he called me up to his desk.

“I know you have already done this class so I was wondering if you like to mentor a student in this class?” he asked me.

“I would love to help mentor a fellow student in this class Mr. Jones,” I replied.

“Good because you start right now Ms Summers,” Mr. Jones said and then he called the class to attention.

“Ms Summers will help anyone in this class as needed as she has already completed this course with perfect results. However she will be mentoring Mr. Forsyth for the most part. Mr. Forsyth if you would please follow Ashley to the library.” WHAT!!? Firstly: Since when was Adrian in my class? I hadn’t noticed him before. Secondly: He was never going to listen to me! It was well known that he didn’t give a damn about his grades. And Thirdly: This would certainly be an after school activity so there was a greater chance of him finding out all my secrets! I was a dead man walking. I sighed and started walking towards the library and I didn’t have to turn around to tell that he was following me.