Chapter 11-Competitions Part 2

This chapter has a lot of changing POV’s so pay attention

‘I see fire, inside the mountain

I see fire, burning the trees

Now I see fire hollowing souls

And I see fire, blood in the breeze’ –Ed Sheeran, I See Fire

The boys walked back into my house sopping wet. It was all Game Boy’s fault for flicking water at me. To make things even better I was the only one who had thought to bring down a towel with me and because Penny had helped me win she was allowed to use my towel. So the girls were dry and the guys weren’t.

“What would you like for dinner?” I ask the group.

“Pizza!” was the unanimous reply.

“You are so very unique.” I reply as I walk into the kitchen.

“That’s why you love us!” Penny said.

“Yes,” I said laughing, “That’s why I love you Penaynay.”

“So you don’t love us?” Mason said, hurt.

“Not when your dripping water all over my kitchen. Go and change. Now.” They all ran upstairs while Penny and I laughed. I started getting out the ingredients I needed for the pizza. Soon enough it was in the oven cooking and Penny and I were laughing at stories from when se lived in Australia. It turns out that she lived in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland and she had the strangest friends but I loved that. We were all insane I guess, it made me question what the idea of ‘normal’ was. Were the ‘normal’ people the least or most insane? How did we measure insanity then? Were the people who were considered truly insane perfectly sane? It made my head spin and Penny agreed with me when I told her.

“What-“ she began but Adrian walked in with a smirk as he interrupted her.

“Miss us?”

“The same way I miss the Bubonic Plague.” I said sweetly with heavy sarcasm. Penny snorted.

“So you like the plague?”

“Wow, you are one very unperceptive person. Forgive me of being blunt but no, I didn’t miss you.”

“Come on, everyone misses me!” he pleaded.

“Everyone except me apparently.” I said mildly.

“Pizza is ready!” Penny yelled before Adrian could reply. Everyone grabbed a plate and a few pieces of pizza and walked to the living room and put on a movie.

“Where did  you get this pizza because I have to know!” Adam said, almost frantically.

“I made it?” it came out as a question rather than a statement.

“In that case you are delivering me pizzas whenever I am in need of one because normal pizza will taste like dirt after this!”

“I’ll give you the recipe and you can make it whenever you want?” I offer.

“Yes, yes, thank you!” he got so worked up about it that I had to laugh.

“Hey Adrian,” I called out, “I’m converting your followers to the side of the Jedi!”

“Your calling me a Sith?” he asked.

“Yes and you are losing Sith warriors to my scintillating army of Jedi. How do you know about Star Wars and not Lord of the Rings?”