Chapter 10-Competitions Part 1

A/N This chapter is 2813 words long so I gave you a long chapter and this chapter changes POV a lot so pay attention!

‘A dream is a wish your heart makes’ –Cinderella

School went way to quickly for my liking. Penny dropped me home before going back to her house to pack some overnight stuff and I started cleaning a few rooms that had been left messy. They were few and far between because I liked it neat so I only cleaned the kitchen and the lounge room. Looking at the music room I decided that it could stay messy because there was no way that I was going to clean it. In one corner was  a cupboard with the doors hanging open and music spilling out. The piano top was open and again there was music falling off it. Along the back wall were the other instruments that I had learned and there was a violin bow next to a flute and a cello next to a saxophone with its bow with my clarinet. Each music stand set up (there were about 4) had music piled up on it and I had to watch my steps as music and manuscript were all over the floor. It was a disaster. Juts as I made my way out the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs to find everyone at the door.

“Of course you all had to come together.” I grumbled. It was true, even Penny had decided to come with the boys.

“How else did you expect it?” Jack said through a smirk. Shaking my head I ushered them inside only to be treated with slack jawed, bug eyed stares. Every single one of them.

“This is one reason why I never tell anyone where I live!” I exclaimed, exasperated.

“Sorry.” Penny said sheepishly. I sighed and showed them where they would be sleeping.

“Penny, you’re with me. Boys you guys can take the spare bedrooms, 2 people per room.” This is how it worked out: Penny and me in my room, Adrian and Caine in the guest room across from my room, Jack and Mason the next room down and Will and Adam in the room down from that.

“So… Does anyone want a tour?” I asked once everyone was gathered back in the lounge room.

“Hell yeah!” Mason yelled with a huge grin on his face.

“Well then, follow me.” I showed them the dining room and the kitchen, they had already seen the lounge room but they paused when they saw the music room.

“Sorry it’s a mess.” I mumble.

“Do you really play all those instruments?” Adam asked in surprise.

“Yes, I do. Although piano is my favourite and my best.”

“Can you play something for us?” Penny asked hopefully.

“Now?”

“Yup.”

“Fine.” I huff. After avoiding the loose sheets of music on the floor I sorted through the music on the piano until I found the piece I wanted. Taking a deep breath I started. At first I was nervous because everyone was crowding around the piano but it didn’t take long before I was lost in the music. It was a hauntingly pretty piece, the kind that gives you the goosebumps and makes the hand on the back of your neck stand up when you hear it. I played the last chord and it hung, suspended in the air for a few moments before fading. I didn’t move and nobody said anything for a few minutes. Eventually I turned around and faced 7 stunned expressions.

“What-when- how did you do that?” Penny managed to squeak out.

“Practice I guess,” I said, shrugging, “Playing helps take my mind off unwelcome thoughts and feelings. It creates a temporary kind of bubble that only I am allowed in, so all my problems get left outside this room.”