Chapter 14-Chili Powder Cupcakes

‘Under cloud, beneath the stars

Over snow and winter's morn’

I turn at last to paths that lead home’ –Billy Boyd, The Last Goodbye (I recommend you listen to the song!)

Penny POV

I officially hated my best friend. Ash had left me with Adam, Mason, Will, Jack and Caine. She had managed to scare Adrian enough to make him spend the afternoon at her place learning the Chemistry stuff. It was great that she had him finally listening and learning but not at the cost of me babysitting! I got stuck with ‘The Idiots’ when I realised that Adrian was their ride home. They had all come over to my house because Ash had suggested it, it may have also had something to do with the fact that my car was off limits at this present point in time. You know, the kinds of situations that only happen when you can’t do anything. Like when your going to go to the local beach in the middle of the Australian summer and it end up raining just as you get there and you realise that if you had stayed home it wouldn’t have rained. Stupid Zeus. That just reminded me, here I was among 5 Greek God, drool worthy boys and I was complaining. Any teenage girl would take advantage of the situation, except maybe Ash, but then again they are nicknamed The Idiots for a reason. Like now for example.

“Penny,” Mason whined, “Do you have any food? I’m hungry, give me food!” See, I swear Mason has the mental age of a 7 year old.

“Is anyone else hungry?” I sighed, may as well get it over with while I can. They all made that weird grunting noise that only boys do to say yes. I walked into the kitchen when an Angel and a Devil popped onto my shoulders. Metaphorically, but I still had a mental conversation with them anyway.

Me: what are you guys doing, I thought you were on vacation?

Angel: helping you of course.

Me: with what?

Devil: the food situation with the boys food.

Me: you want me to sabotage the chocolate cupcakes I’m about to makeS don’t you?

Angel: um, I just want to say that sabotaging the cupcakes would be a bad idea.

Me: why, inner Angel?

Angel: imagine the revenge that they would play on you.

Me: oh, yeah. What is your take on this inner Devil?

Devil: SABOTAGE THE CUPCAKES!

Me: Ok…How?

Angel: your actually going to do this?

Me: Definitely.

Angel: but what about their revenge?

Me: shut up inner Angel. Inner Devil, what’s the plan?

Devil: make the cupcakes with chili powder.

Me: what about a cupcake for me!

Devil: Make one without chili you idiot!

Me: Oh right. Operation Chili Cupcake is underway!

Devil: inner Angel 0 and inner Devil 1. I win!

Angel: Congratulations inner Devil.

Me: Your too nice inner Angel.

Angel: being nice is good though

Devil: what happened to Operation Chili Cupcake?