Chapter 9-Memories And Observations

‘I’ve drowned and dreamt this moment

So overdue I owe them

Swept away I’m stolen’ Skyfall by Adele

Adrian POV

Ash walked with me to the cafeteria and as she went to walk towards her table in the corner I pulled her back.

“Nope. Your sitting with me again today.”

“Does it mean that you would be willing to work on that Periodic Table of the Elements?”she asked devilishly.

“Actually, now that you’ve seen my abs you have to sit with us.” I state.

“Or what? You’ll have to kill me? I’m sorry but I’m pretty sure the majority of the girl population have seen them.” She said sarcastically.

“True,” I respond, “But your friend is already sitting with us.” It was true, Penny was having an animated conversation with Caine. Full arm gestures too, Mason looked mildly amused as he almost got hit with a flying arm. Ash followed me in defeat. On closer inspection, Caine had a grin on his face as Penny explained something. Not that I was one to comment but he should really smile more, it made him look less like he was going to kill you for looking at him.

Ashley beat me to the table and took the spot beside Penny, ducking under a flying arm as she did so. Of course as I went to sit on her other side I got hit in the face with one of her arms. Immediately she stopped  and looked at me with a mixture of fear and guilt. Everyone went silent waiting for me to explode and then the weirdest thing happened. Ashley started laughing. Laughing to the point that tears were streaming down her cheeks and she looked really weird because it went silent. I glared at her when she calmed down.

“What?” she said, “The look on your face was exceptional!” Only fiammella would use the word exceptional. And be able to quote the dictionary definition for it exactly. What did she do read the dictionary for fun?

“It true man,” Jack said, siding with her, “Your face was hilarious. Plus Penny meant no harm by it, she was just explaining to Caine the wonders of Australian chocolate.”

“It is amazing chocolate! You guys have to try it!” Ashley exclaimed.

“I think I brought some with me today actually,” Penny stated. Sure enough, out of her bag came a family size block of something called ‘Cadbury Chocolate’. She broke us each a row of it and we were turned into a mass of chocolate filled lunatics. Our moans did earn a few stares. Penny and Ashley just looked at us in amusement.

“Say, Penny, have you by chance ever tasted Hershey’s chocolate?” Uh oh, I did not like Ash’s tone.

“No, I haven’t” Penny said catching on to her friends weird tone of voice.

“Well Adrian can provide us all with Hershey’s chocolate because I happen to know that he has a stash of them in the back of his pantry.” She was going to get it for this.

“Wait, you have chocolate Adrian?” Mason asked, ”I thought you said that you had run out of chocolate months ago.”

“How did you know about that?” I growled at Ashley.

“When your mum invited me to the kitchen when I dropped off the cookies she opened the cupboard and on the top shelf was a pile of chocolate Hershey’s bars, which makes me think that they are yours alone because you are the only one in your family tall enough to reach it.”