6. I Drink & Know Things

"You are safe here Tyanna." Oberyn remarked. She glanced back at him. 

"What gave you the idea that I didnt think that?" Tyanna mused. She flattened out her dress, still debating between what dress to wear to become Tyanna Martell. Ellaria had gifted her one but she didnt know, it was too yellow for her tastes, but she supposed that was her new house color but there was something about Lannister lions that was so strong and beautiful. She would have to create a new sigil. 

She moved around the thin privacy wall, Oberyn watched her shadow through the thin curtain. She took off her dress throwing on a simpler one for drinks that night, it was blood red, with golden inlay... okay nothing about Tyanna was simple. 

It was stunning, Tyanna was stunning which meant picking out a dress for her wedding had to be next level gorgeous even if she didnt know if she liked Oberyn just yet. Sure he had a nice face, nice body, great voice, gods that voice had her purring. But eight children. Fake Paramours. It seemed like a lot. Oberyn looked her over a little smile on his face. He offered to lace her dress and she turned her back to him, lifting her golden mane. 

"You look gorgeous." Oberyn whispered. 

"I know." Tyanna agreed simply. She felt his lips graze her shoulder. 

"You are not worried?" 

"Prove me wrong." Tyanna countered. "Our families have been enemies for years. It didnt give me much hope for the future." 

"We don't hurt little girls in dorne." Oberyn informed her. 

"I'm not a little girl." Tyanna reminded him turning to face him, he took her hands gently in his. 

"I dont hurt innocent women either." Oberyn assured.  A smile curved her lips. 

"Admit it. You had the same thought as I." Tyanna remarked taking a step back her hands falling from his as she moved to look in the mirror, keeping her gaze on him, he watched her through the mirror. 

"What thought is that?" Oberyn questioned. 

She loved his accent. Its was awful how much she loved it and wanted him to never stop talking. Because half the things he said were ridiculous and about his paramour. Although she did like Ellaria upon meeting her. Still it wasn't what any wife wanted to hear talk about. They werent married yet but still that does things to a woman's confidence and ego. The sun was already deflating her pride enough, making her melt in the heat. 

"That you wanted to hate me when you saw me too." Tyanna remarked. 

"But." He prompted.

"But you are just as pleasantly surprised." She offered. 

"I was. You were?" 

"Up for debate." 

"You are going to be too hot in that dress." Oberyn remarked. "Rather go nude. I can join you." 

"I'm not Targaryen." Tyanna corrected as if that explained everything, Oberyn cocked his head back at her confused though. "My brothers are here and I dont want them seeing all of me." Tyanna clarified. 

"Ahhh," Oberyn chuckled out. "But after they leave?" 

"I need some thinner red dresses." Tyanna altered. "The dresses of the south are not thin enough for the end of the fucking world." 

"I will have some made." Oberyn agreed. "Yellow and orange you said?" he mused. 

"Red, blood red. They can use your blood for reference if you want." 

+

"My brother likes a drinking game''. Tyanna remarked. "He plays it at every gathering. He thinks himself quite the clairvoyant,'' tyanna laughed out. ''But um... well maybe it would be fun.''

"Whats the game?" Oberyn questioned, Jaime shook his head leaning back in his seat. Tyrion smiled giving Tyanna a little nudge. 

 'here's how it works," Tyrion declared. "I make a statement about your past if I am right you drink If I'm wrong I drink and no lying I will know if you're lying.'

"Will you?" Oberyn mused. 

"Yes, its what I do," Tyrion agreed taking a sip of wine. "I drink and I know things." Oberyn chuckled leaning back in his chair but his hand reached out, reaching for Tyanna and she watched his hand land on her thigh. Doran smiled contently, this would work, for as much as Oberyn complained about having to marry, Tyanna would be good for him.