27. Whispers

"Oberyn I'm so proud of you." Tyanna remarked. 

"Why are you proud of me?" Oberyn questioned. 

"You and my father didnt kill each other." Tyanna answered as though that should have been obvious. 

"Ahh, yes, well I promised to be good." Oberyn remarked. "I'm sorry we didnt get to stay longer." Oberyn added. 

"My father didnt know who the assassin was, he didnt want us there." Tyanna offered with a shrug. "I understand, I miss him already though." 

"You miss Tyrion more though." Oberyn remarked knowingly. 

"Yes."

+

''You're the master of whisperers.' Joffrey spat at varys 'You're supposed to know everything.''

''No man can be in all rooms at all times." Varys remarked glancing at Tyanna as she approached, her stomach was larger, her hands perched on her stomach. 

"Be nice Joffrey, Varys is trying his best." Tyanna agreed.

"Auntie." Joffrey remarked.

"Hello honey." Tyanna coed running her fingers through his hair, nails scratching lightly at his scalp. Varys had never seen anyone silence Joffrey with just a touch. Joffrey knew that he had to be good around his aunt Tyanna because she was good at making him look a fool when she was in a mood and he didnt need that as king. 

''I have many little birds in the North, My Lord, but I haven't heard their songs since Theon Greyjoy captured Winterfell.'' Varys told him

''The Stark forces are distracted. Now is the time to strike.'' Joffrey demanded

'To strike?' Tyrion asked 'My dear nephew, you do see these men preparing the walls for siege? You do understand Stannis Baratheon sails this way?''

''If my Uncle Stannis lands on the shores of King's Landing, I'll ride out to greet him.'' Joffrey said confidently. Tyanna rolled her eyes, he didn't get his bravery from Jaime or Tywin that was for sure. Even Tyrion was braver than Joffrey.

"Of course you will honey.' Tyanna told him rubbing his back.

''A brave choice, Your Grace.'' Varys offered

''I'm sure your men will line up behind you.''' Tyrion mused

''They say Stannis never smiles. I'll give him a red smile from ear to ear.' Joffrey said walking off.

'Imagine Stannis's terror.' Tyrion mused, Tyanna chuckled.

'I am trying.' Varys agreed.

"I missed you, did you sing my praises to father?" Tyrion questioned. 

"We were kind of busy there was an assassin." Tyanna countered. 

"Are you alright?" Tyrion demanded. 

"I'm clearly not dead." Tyanna agreed. 

"Yes thank you, I meant more mentally," Tyrion offered. 

"yes I'm perfectly fine." Tyanna assured. "Oberyn and father played nice too, that was even more shocking." 

"Tyanna my dear." Tyrion chuckled. "You know Oberyn will still have plans for him and the mountain." 

"you a very intelligent man, Tyrion. You must get your brains from me.'' Tyanna teased. "But they will behave because I demand it."

''I'd like to think I'm an intelligent man.'' Tyrion agreed as Tyanna's fingers twirled through his hair as they walked. That was something Tyanna did often when they were younger, Tyrion wasnt tall enough to lean into like she did with Jaime and now Oberyn when she walked but he was the perfect height for playing with his hair. 

''Oh, no one disputes that, My Lord, not even the multitudes who despise you." Varys added. 

"Multitudes who despise, you have people despising you Tyrion?" Tyanna questioned. "Thats harsh." Tyrion shrugged. 

"It comes with being hand." Tyrion supposed. And being the half man.

 "I wish we could converse as two honest, intelligent men.'' Varys told him.

"And a Tyanna." She cut in.

''I wish we could, too.'' Tyrion agreed ''What do you want? Tell me.''

"Yes tell me." Tyanna agreed. "We are twins he is going to tell me either way." Tyrion nodded in agreement. 

''If we're going to play, you'll have to start.''

''My brother was the youngest Kingsguard in history. My twin married the prince of dorne and is going to populate the world with mini Oberyns in no time." Tyrion mused. "My elder sister became queen at the age of 19. When I reached manhood, my father put me in charge of all the drains and cisterns in Casterly Rock. A most highborn plumber. The water never flowed better. And all the shit found its way to the sea."" Tyrion told them. 

"He wanted you to fail but you surpassed all expectations," Tyanna told him. "It was disgusting but you did a wonderful job."

"Thank you Tya, I never expected to have any real power. So when my father named me acting Hand ...'' Tyrion began.

''You're quite good at being Hand, you know?" Varys remarked.

"I haven't seen much first hand but I know you are doing great, " tyanna assured.

"How is that?" Tyrion mused. 

"Because you are you. I know you." Tyanna answered. 

"Jon Arryn and Ned Stark were good men, honorable men," Varys began and Tyanna rolled her eyes, Tyrion saw, Varys saw. 

"What I can have opinions on men I didnt meet and didnt care for. Cersei told me things." Tyanna remarked. 

 "but they disdained the game and those who played. You enjoy the game.'' Vary went on. 

''I do. Last thing I expected.'' Tyrion admitted

'And you play it well.''

''I'd like to keep playing it.'' Tyrion informed him. ''If Stannis breaches the gates, the game is over.'' Tyrion sighed looking over the waters.

"I will be gone before that." Tyanna remarked honestly. "Just in case but I do totally and completely trust you." 

''They say he burns his enemies alive to honor the Lord of Light.'' Varys remarked.

''The Lord of Light wants his enemies burned, the Drowned God wants them drowned.'' Tyanna recalled

'Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where is the God of tits and wine?" Tyrion pondered.

''In the Summer Isles, they worship a fertility goddess with 16 teats.'' Varys informed him

''We should sail there immediately.'' Tyrion declared his voice croaked out, "Tya, do come with." 

"Oberyn is the God of this cunt." Tyanna corrected. Tyrion stuck his tongue out disgusted. 

''This morning I heard a song all the way from Qarth beyond the Red Waste. Daenerys Targaryen lives.''

''A girl at the edge of the world is the least of our problems.'' Tyrion reminded him

'She has three dragons."

'Baby dragons." Tyanna reminded him. "I think we can handle baby dragons.

"But even if what they say is true, it'll be years before they are fully grown. And then there will be nowhere to hide.' Varys reminded them.

'One game at a time, my friend.''