64, 𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙡𝙚

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-fragile real life, social media

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-
fragile
real life, social media

"v wake up" miles said as he shook violet awake.

she sat up quickly, taking in his red and glossy eyes. she could hear her mom crying from downstairs.

and that's when she knew it happened.

and everything was about to fall apart.

violet couldn't form words, she had nothing to say. she just pulled miles in for a hug. a very tight hug as she cried into his shoulder and rubbed his back.

and they stayed like that for a while.

violet had finally got the courage to go downstairs to face her mother.

miles following quickly behind her as they made their way down the stairs.

they peaked around the corner seeing their mom sobbing and throwing things around.

violet had never seen her mom this way. sure she was upset when brooks decided he wanted a divorce but it was never like this.

jamie looked up seeing both of her kids watching her from the bottom of the stairs.

they quickly made their way over to her as she fell to her knees. embracing her into a tight hug and sobbing with her.

violet was nervous, her hands were shaky she could barely open the door to the hospital room containing susannah, her boyfriend and her bestfriends.

miles opened the door for her, she looked up at him thanking him with a slight smile.

she didn't want to see her laying lifeless in a hospital bed.

the woman who had practically helped raise her was gone. forever. she was never going to be able to hug her again. never smile at her again. never sit down and let her braid her hair again while she complimented violet a million times. she'd never see her bright smile when they first arrived at cousins again. she'd probably never see cousins again either.

as if the thought of it wasn't hard enough when violet had walked into the room and saw a crying jeremiah gripping tightly onto his mothers hand was harder.

he looked up at her, he stood up and greeted her with a tight hug. the tightest he's ever hugged her.

this was the promise. and no matter how badly she wanted to run out of the door and go cry in her room she couldn't. she had to be there for him. because she promised she would.

violet sat down on jeremiah's lap in the chair beside the bed. she looked down at susannah, lifeless. her bright beautiful glowing colors had been drained from her face. her bright smile replaced with a straight emotionless expression.

susannah was gone. the happiness was gone. everything was being pulled away from violet faster than she could process it.

violet reached down and held susannah's hand. she was gentle when she untwined their fingers as if she was being careful not to hurt her, even though she couldn't hurt her now.

violet stayed with jeremiah most of the day. they didn't talk but just eachothers presence was what they both needed.

violet held him when he cried and she held him when he fell asleep.

she was careful with him too, gentle. as if he was fragile and could break at any minute. he was already broken but she was trying to piece him back together.

it wouldn't work and she knew that. she couldn't help him through this the way she wanted to.

he was going to push her away, she just didn't know it was happening already or that it would happen as fast as it did.

jeremiah stopped calling. he stopped texting and he stopped hanging out with her. she'd text frequently and she'd call often and she'd even try to go see him. but he wouldn't respond. conrad would just tell her he was asleep and then offer to hangout with her while they waited for him to wake up.

but she refused. if jeremiah wanted space then she'd give it to him, she didn't want to pry but she didn't want to let him be alone either.

belly and conrad had broken up a week after susannah's death. violet would stay with belly almost every night to try and get her mind off of everything. even though in reality violet was the one who needed her mind off of susannah and jeremiah.

violetcollins

violetcollins to the sweetest second mom i could ever ask for, thank you for never giving up on me and for showing me my true self

violetcollins to the sweetest second mom i could ever ask for, thank you for never giving up on me and for showing me my true self. thank you for giving me a second family and for never letting me go a day unloved. i will continue to show everyone around me just how amazing and beautiful you were. forever my second mother. i love you. 🩷♾️

comments turned off for this post.

💌

lowk writing that caption was so hard like i couldn't word it correctly

but i love u guys thank u sm for all the love on this book. it means the world to me that u guys actually enjoy what i write.

- lia <3