Chapter 10

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Christ, someone turn that shit off. Why's the fire alarm going off anyway? No one is in the building...

You roam the hallway of your workplace, seeing no one in sight. Suddenly, a hand grips your shoulder, and you gasp, turning to see Viv. Well, at least you thought so. Her face appeared to be sewn on someone else's charred body, her voice raspy as she calls your name. A scream tries to escape your mouth, but nothing comes out.

The fire alarm continues blaring and she's shaking your shoulder as you're frozen still, scared for your life.

"Y/n!"

Your eyes shoot open and you gasp a little, finding Leon to be shaking you, your phone alarm ringing.

"God, you scared me, you weren't waking up." You look at him with a soft face and realize you need to turn off your alarm. After doing so, you sit up, facing him. "Bad dream?"

"I think so, yeah." I don't really want to tell him about it, it was just random and not relevant. But that thing... That was scary.

"Hm. You have to get up for work?" He asks, laying back down.

"I should, yeah. Get some sleep, Leon," you tell him, getting out of bed.

"Just tell me when you leave please. Although, I have a feeling I won't be sleeping much without you." This boy's always melting my heart.

"Cute. I'll be getting ready, ok? Just relax at least, no need for you to be up so early." He sighs and turns over, getting comfortable under the covers.

"Kay."

You go into the bathroom, going through your usual morning routine. Brush your teeth, floss, skincare, hair, makeup. When you walk out Leon is still turned on his side, seemingly asleep. As quietly as you could, you pick clothes out and change into them back in the bathroom and adjust the little things, observing your final look.

Good enough I guess. I just want breakfast, a warm sandwich sounds great right now. Oooh, or a bagel. Paired with some coffee? Oh yeah.

After slipping on your shoes, you take one last look at Leon, remembering that you won't see him all day. He's snuggled up, blanket up to his chin, eyes shut with a relaxed expression.

I should probably leave him a note with the computer passcode, that way he can log in and talk to me.

Grabbing a sticky note and a pencil, you write the code and a little note.

Laptop passcode is 4738, the app should automatically load up for you. See you later <3

Satisfied, you leave the note on your desk and turn around, deciding to give him a goodbye like he asked.

"Hey," you whisper. His eyes open as you pet his surprisingly soft hair, his pupils widening as they lock onto you. I guess he wakes up from touch, not sound. "I'm heading out, I'll message when I can." You lean down and give his hair a small kiss.

"Have a good day cupcake," he whispers back. You smile and turn, walking out of the room. Arg, why is it so hard to leave him? He's so adorable like that too, all sleepy and cozy. How I wish I could stay in that bed, wrapped in his arms. But, I have to get to work. After picking up breakfast.

∆∆∆

My eyes open to a brightly lit room, seeing that the sun is fully out. Last time I was up it was super dark in here. I wonder what time it is?