Chapter 26

"OH MY GOD!!!" Baby?

I don't think I've ever heard y/n yell like that. Something important must've happened. I get out of bed, walking out of our room and into the living area. I see y/n running and jumping around Viv excitedly, holding her phone in her hand. Didn't even know she was up and out of bed, I must've been sleeping heavy.

It's been about a week since the Claire incident. Life has just been strangely normal, our routines becoming naturally integrated. No more contact with my world, no more exes breaking in, nothing. It's been nice. But now, something's got her attention.

"VIV! VIV!"

"WHAT?!"

"RE4 DLC IS COMING OUT."

"OHHHHH SHIT!"

"OH MY GOD THE TRAILER WAS IMMACULATE AND WESKER IS IN IT." Why does that name sound so familiar?

"What's it about again?"

"It follows Ada's storyline with Luis," y/n explains. Oh. She's talking about the game I'm from. Didn't think she'd be so ecstatic to play it. I honestly don't know if I'm ready to see that all over again. She mentioned it follows Ada. If I did watch her play, I'd know what the fuck she's been doing behind my back.

But none of that matters anymore. I'm done with her. Done with the missions. Y/n can play what she wants, I'll stay out of it.

"Damn, Capcom feeding us a full course meal," Viv says. Out of the corner of her eye she spots me and raises her eyebrows. "Uh, hey Leon."

Y/n whips her head around, the same expression on her face, except with guilt written all over it.

"Morning babe," she says, putting her hands behind her back innocently." I smirk at her and shake my head, closing my eyes. I'm not mad. Just slightly confused on how to feel.

"Slipped out of bed huh?" I ask, walking up to her.

"Yeah, sorry, got excited when I heard about this thing," she tells me. She comes and hugs me good morning and I ruffle her hair and kiss her head, giving her a tight hug back.

"It's alright, you seemed happy about it. C'mon, I'll make you breakfast," I offer, letting go of her. Don't want Viv to feel awkward.

∆∆∆

Fuck, I really hope I didn't hurt his feelings. Or bring up trauma. Or make him think I support Ada and Wesker, because I don't. But in our world they're cool characters, that's how we see it. But in his world... They're a threat to Earth's well being.

"Actually, I was kind of thinking we could go out for breakfast?" Viv asks, snapping you from your thoughts.

"Sure, that sounds good. You never want to go out in the mornings, what's changed your mind?" You ask. Viv looks at the two of you, and scratches her head.

"Well, I know it took longer than expected, but Grayson has all of Leon's stuff ready and asked us to pick it all up..." Your eyebrows raise in surprise, the thought of Leon's identification had left your mind for a while. After all, you were focused on work and a new smoking hot boyfriend. He looks at you with an excited smile, and then to Viv. He must be excited to get back into the workforce. So cute. "So like, wanna stop at a pancake spot on the way?"

"Wouldn't want to get my citizenship on an empty stomach," Leon says, making you giggle. Man loves his breakfast.

"Ok then, I'll drive. Where does he live, by the way?" You ask. I don't exactly care about where, but I'd like to know where I'm driving.