Chapter 18

Ugh, turn that shit off!

My eyes open, realizing it's y/n's work alarm. She's knocked out, it hasn't even woken her up yet. I lean over her, searching for her phone and can't find it, the noise starting to irritate me. The one time I'm getting good sleep...

"Mmm," she groans, turning off her alarm. Looks like neither of us want to get up. But, she has to. And I have to check on her injuries before she goes, too. Best if I wake her up rather than the alarm I guess.

"Morning cupcake," I whisper, sitting up and rubbing the back that's turned towards me. She flops on her back, not wanting to accept it's time to get up. I gently lay back down, resting my head on her belly, the rest of my body curled up in a ball. Maybe some of my weight will wake her up.

Her hand finds its way to my hair, fiddling with it while she's half asleep. Why do I love it when she plays with my hair so much?

The sound of her heart pumping softly fills my ears, her body slowly waking up. Hey, when did she put her clothes back on?

"Morning," she whispers. My hand moves to her thigh and rubs it, showing her some love. She uses her fingertips to massage my scalp, nearly putting me back to sleep. She's so comfy, this might be my new favorite spot to lay on.

"Gotta get you fed and ready soon," I tell her, my body clearly not prepared to get up soon. I wish she'd just stay here for the day. Or the week.

"Yeah, I know. I'm getting up," she says, stretching her arms, taking a big inhale as she extends her torso.

"Hey, my pillow," I joke. She laughs, ruffling my hair as she sits up, using her arm as support behind her.

"Come on, can't you hear my stomach growling? I'm starving," she says. I turn towards her, her hand caressing my cheek.

"I'll make you breakfast if you like baby," I say sweetly. She smiles, happy to hear my words.

"I'd love that. Surprisingly, your cooking is really good."

"Surprisingly?" I say, pouting as a joke. She giggles, her laughter warming my heart. "Let me get you some ice and check on you first, okay?"

"But foooood," she whines as I sit up, getting out of bed.

"Just wait a little longer cupcake, we'll eat, I promise," I coo. She starts getting out of bed as I head to the kitchen, grabbing some ice for her face. It didn't look too bad, just a red spot. I'm just hoping she'll wear long sleeves at work.

I run into Viv, who's ready to walk out the door, keys in hand. She catches a glimpse of me and turns, smiling awkwardly. Oh right, I'm shirtless.

"You two be safe, tell her I said bye," she says quietly, unlocking the door.

"You too, sure thing," I say, nodding. She closes the door, leaving me alone in the kitchen. I look in the fridge, trying to get ideas on what to make for y/n. I hope she's not picky, I'll probably just make another egg dish.

Switching to the freezer, I grab an ice pack and head back to the room. She's missing from the bed, the bathroom light on with the door open. I peek in and she's brushing her teeth, a sleepy look still in her eye. I keep observing her reflection in the mirror, admiring how beautiful she is, especially in the morning. Wait, are those her nipples poking through the shirt?

Deciding to let her know I'm back, I knock, catching her attention. She turns and opens the door fully, looking at me with a slightly grumpy face.

"Aw come on baby, it's alright. You'll be home from work before you know it." She shakes her head and rinses her mouth, cleaning her face up with the towel.