Chapter 29

God damn my neck hurts! This is a tough pillow...

You open your eyes, finding yourself to be in the living room. A movie plays on TV, and you're laying your head on Leon's lap. His arm is draped over you, keeping you safe. You slowly turn your body towards him and look up. He's crashed out, head leaning back with his mouth wide open. Jeez, he's almost worse than me.

Sunlight peaks through the blinds, letting you know it's early morning. You try to slip out from under him without waking him, and fail. He opens his eyes slowly, seeing you sitting up next to him.

Your eyes find his and he smiles weakly, tired from his lack of sleep. No, aw don't give me that look. You need rest.

"Hey cupcake," he whispers.

"Hey Kent. Come on, let's go back to the room," you say, grabbing his hand. He holds yours back and pulls you down, your body falling on top of his.

"No, stay with me," he grumbles. You're laid across his lap once again, head resting on his abs.

"You'll come to bed with me too silly," you say. He keeps his eyes shut and shakes his head. Oh my heart. Once again you sit up and tug on him, and he groans.

"Only if you're the pillow," he says, looking at you with a pouty face. You giggle and slightly help him up, keeping a hold of his hand as you lead him to the bedroom.

"Course babe," you tell him.

...

Another half hour has passed, and Leon is fast asleep again. He's using your stomach as a pillow, curled up in the fetal position while his arm is wrapped around your thigh. You've been stroking his hair and listening to his quiet breathing while scrolling on your phone and watching videos.

I wonder how bad he slept. Poor thing, every night used to be like this for him. I'm just glad I can change that.

You see a notification on your phone, reading that it's from Viv. How is she awake right now?

Hey, I was thinking and you should help Leon make an account for that job searching site.

Ok lol, I'm sure he can do it on his own.

I think he needs a little motivation from you, he seemed indecisive about what to do.

Hmph, they must've talked while I was sleeping in here and he was on the couch. I wonder if they talk about me... Although I'm sure it's nothing bad.

Yeah, I'll help him today. He's sleeping, he had a rough night.

Don't blame him. I was just having a good dream about a boy from my drama and then I woke up remembering I have an email I have to send for work🙄

Rip 🙏

You click off your phone, setting it beside you as you sigh. Eyes landing on Leon, you can't help but smile at the sight of him. Indecisive huh? He always seems to know what he wants, but I suppose this really is an important decision.

The feeling of his hair between your fingers is comforting, the soft blonde locks serving as an object of calming. This is the start of the future. Him getting a job, a car, saving up to move out. Me moving in with him. This is... A lot to think about.