S1, EP. 3: Pack Mentality

A/N: Thank you all again for the reads, my heart is always so full whenever I come and check. We have a new character coming in from the past!! I picture Stiles and Little Slayer to have golden retriever boyfriend and black cat girlfriend energy

Howling, pale blue eyes. Pale blue eyes morphing into blood red. Snarling, blood, screaming.

Her dreams were filled with that as Y/N trudged her way into school, her eyes heavy and ribs hurting less. But her mind was racing from the dreams, prophetic dreams were common amongst Slayers with the psychic link that was given to them. She remembered passing out at the game in Stiles' arms with the haunting howls ringing in her ears and those eyes, she knew what those eyes meant.

She had spent the rest of the weekend at home, trying to rest while trying to keep Stiles from being a mother hen all over her (which she refuses to admit was adorable, no matter how much her dad teased). It wasn't like she found the hyperactive, possibly ADHD ridden boy cute at all, nope, not all at.

So Y/N wasn't at all feeling her heart pick up at the sight of Stiles sitting outside her house Monday morning, waving like a little golden retriever cute at all, saying he wanted to take her to school. She could feel her father's stare burn into the back of her head, he was probably grinning.

"You didn't have to come all this way to get me", Y/N said, climbing into the jeep.

"I wasn't going to let you walk to school when you're hurt", Stiles said with a smile. "You really freaked me out with you passing out on me... unless you were just in awe of my good looks."

Y/N looked at him with an attempted annoyed look that tried to hide the smile that wanted to creep up on her face.

"If that's what helps you sleep at night, Stiles, then sure."

The drive to school went by quickly with their chatting and as Stiles pulled into the parking lot, he asked her, "Want to talk about your nightmare?"

"It's more like... prophetic dreams", Y/N said with a glance at him. "Slayers are known for them, a small warning of the enemy."

"Being a Slayer doesn't sound as fun as it seems", Stiles said as they got out of the jeep.

"Average age for a Slayer is 25", Y/N said as they headed into the school, seeing a anxious Scott waiting for them. "The Slayer before me, Buffy, she was the longest one."

Stiles gave her a look, one that seemed to filled with sympathy.

Y/N just shoved her hands into her jacket.

~~~~~~~~~

"So you killed her? First Y/N with her prophecy dreams and now you killing people in your dreams", Stiles said with a shrug.

"I don't know, I just woke up and was sweating like crazy. I've never had a dream like that before", Scott said, looking at them before confusion riddled his face. "Wait, you two talk about her dreams? Prophecy dreams? You guys... hang out outside of school?"

"Don't make it weird, Scott. First, Slayers have been known for see potential threats through intense dreams", Y/N said with a roll of her eyes. "And Stiles and I just text and Skype for... Slayer purposes."

Yeah, totally not denying her having a thing for the lanky brunette.

"You know my dreams usually end up different", Stiles said, making Y/N and Scott looked at him.

"A. I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real. And B. never give me that much detail about you and your dreams again", Scott said as the three walked down the hall. "Also, are you ok, Y/N? I hope you're feeling better."