S2, EP 3: Ice Pick

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm back again, my mental health has been making me struggle with writing despite how much I love this series, but I'm doing my best to push out! Also, in Buffy lore, vampires do get bruised, cuts, etc.

The sight before her was terrifying, her eyes pricked with tears as she couldn't move her body. The lifeless bodies of her dad, her friends... Stiles laid before her as a hauntingly disembodied voice laughed at her as she was frozen to her spot, as if someone had put Gorilla glue to her shoes.

"Oh, Slayer, you all believe to be mighty and confident. But really, you are all weak... human girls with silly little emotions and silly little boyfriends that you throw yourselves at."

Blood began to pull around her and soak into her shoes as some unseen pressure began to press her down into the ground below her.

"And that's why you need me by your side, someone that you never have to worry about dying..."

Darting up in bed, Y/N panted as she looked around; her body drenched in sweat as she tried to process the nightmare that she just had.

Well... was it a nightmare? Or something else?

Rubbing her eyes, Y/N sighed as she leaned her head against the shower wall; the warm water ran over her body as she tried to think about the nightmare

Rubbing her eyes, Y/N sighed as she leaned her head against the shower wall; the warm water ran over her body as she tried to think about the nightmare... dream... invasion of the mind that occurred the previous night. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt as if someone had dug their way into her mind... invaded the privacy of dreaming that came with sleep as she tried to lull her mind away from the images that came.

She knew it had to be an invasion of her dreaming with what occurred... she just didn't know from what.

~~~

The school day had gone by without a hitch, Y/N kept the 'dream' to herself as best as she could because it worried her. Was someone out there... targeting the people she cared about?

Her mind wandered to Dagger, he was the only one she knew that posed any immediate threat to people.

But her thoughts had to be pushed away with the revelation of a new creature that was here in Beacon Hills, encountered by Scott and Allison during the full moon.

It was during gym class with Scott and Allison climbing a rock wall (something she had only seen on TV and the movies so she was surprised it did happen), he had told her and Stiles what it looked like,

He described it as almost being a lizard with glowing, yellow eyes and scaly, green skin with a long tail; it sounded pretty gross if Y/N was honest because what the fuck? She knew she'd have to run it by Giles and Stark... and relay her 'dream' to the because if anyone could figure stuff out, it was a Watcher with Stiles and that giant brain of his as a close second.

"Any clue what it could be?" Stiles whispered, Y/N shook her head.

"To be honest, I haven't heard of anything like this", Y/N replied as they watched Scott and Allison climb the rock wall. "I'm out of my depth with this one."