S3a, EP 5: Frayed

Texts ➡️ Bold for Danny, Bold/Italics for Stiles

All Slayer info is cannon and comes for the Buffyverse Wiki and Buffy comics

~

"Back to your seat", Coach said after blowing his whistle to one of their cross-country teammates.

Thunder and cold wind was rocking the bus as it drove, Coach looking out the windshield at the slightly snowy mountain.

The three of them were sat in the back of the bus, they were sat in those weird long bench seats and Scott seemed to be drifting off to sleep.

Y/N looked at her fingernails, noting the need for a manicure when Stiles called out to Scott, "hey Scott, you still with us?"

"Yeah, sorry", Scott said as the bus hit a small pothole. "What's the word?"

"Anachronism", Stiles said, Y/N frowned at the word.

Stiles was quizzing Scott on vocabulary words to pass the time and keep their minds off of what had happened over at Beacon Hills.

Y/N wondered how everything was going back home with the Alpha pack, the Darach, Mr. Harris being missing and also....

Y/N sucked in a breath, trying to push the events of what has transpired the week before.

"Ow", Scott said as they hit a deeper pothole.

"I knew it", Stiles said, "we shouldn't have come."

"We all had to, there's safety in numbers", Y/N said with a sigh.

"There's also death in numbers", Stiles retorted, "it's called a massacre, or a bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery. Wow, that's--"

Scott winced and looked a little pale, Y/N frowning at him as she said, "Scott, let us see what he did."

By 'he', she meant Deucalion, Scott having told them while they were looking for Harris, he and Isaac had met the leader of the Alpha pack: a blind Alpha who had cut the twins' cheeks.
But that wasn't Scott's only encounter with the Alpha as Scott decided to not tell them that he was going with Derek and his pack to confront the Alphas. It wasn't successful as Scott had mentioned that Deucalion had cut him deep on his side, and despite his fast healing, nothing seem to be working for Scott.

Scott looked conflicted, but finally lifted his side, showing 3 bloody claw marks that still looked fresh and Y/N felt worried for her friend, well, more like best friend at this point.

"Dude, that's bad", Stiles said, concern in his voice.

"I know, but it's because it's from an Alpha", Scott said, trying to reassure them. "It'll take longer to heal."

Scott adjusted himself with a sorrowful look.

"Then tell me, why are Isaac and Boyd okay?" Stiles said, Y/N looked at the two sitting up ahead. The boys were fine, well not Scott but it was odd.