S3a, EP 3: Fireflies

A/N: Sorry for the late update, guys! But thank you all, we've reached 5k at this point and I never thought this little story would get to that! Also, I never mentioned but please forgive the grammatical mistakes, my ADHD works faster than my fingers, I try to catch as many mistakes when I go and proofread but it happens!

~~~ CONTINUATION FROM LAST EPISODE ~~~

"We're at the entrance of the preserve, can you meet us here?" Derek said into the phone.

Her ears were still ringing as they looked for Boyd, Scott having been the one to track Boyd, but now on the phone with Derek, he had apparently lost sight of Boyd from what she could overhear.

Derek soon hung up, "Alright, let's get going, Scott said he was going to meet us."

With a nod and a growing headache, she followed behind Derek as she rubbed her temples.

Just what was that scream she heard? No one else had heard it; it had been a haunting, blood-curdling scream that made her ears pop and her head throb.

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together", Derek said to them as they walked the preserve.

"Care to mention about your sister? The one that's alive?" Y/N asked with a raised brow.

"Also, are we going to have a easier or harder time trying to catch them?" Scott added on.

"I don't know", Derek responded, "and until I have all the answers, no mentioning Cora."

Y/N rolled her eyes, which only aggravated her head so she cursed herself for doing that. They paused in a clearing, Y/N looked around as the moon light was especially bright tonight, which seemed a bit odd as Derek looked like he was sniffing at the air.

"I saw Boyd try to rip apart two little kids", Scott admitted, Y/N looked at him. "Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?"

"We know Boyd wouldn't do that on purpose", she answered, "this pack deprived him of being able to experience the full moon, without having been able to feel that, he's just as bad as any newly turned wolf."

"Same goes for my sister", Derek made sure to add on. "But that doesn't mean anything now, they'll go for everyone and anyone."

The cut on her stomach felt warm as she moved with the two werewolves through the woods.

~

They had found Cora about to maul down a girl, she was were terrified and screaming when they had found them; Isaac had leaped out of the air (would have been nice if he had made a appearance earlier in the night since he healed up so quick) and tackled Cora, Scott and Derek soon coming behind to handle the she-wolf.

Y/N grabbed the terrified girl and moved her out of interest from Cora's eyes as Derek snarled at his sister before she took off, Derek and Isaac running after.