S2, EP 11: Battlefield

A/N: I did change the timeline a little here between the time gap of last episode to this episode

~ 3 WEEKS LATER ~

She was lucky that the phrase 'just a flesh wound' was true when it came to her gunshot; Matt had missed any major vessels or artery, she had to undergo some surgery to get the bullet out and she had stitches, they had just come out with some soreness in her thigh muscles.

She sat outside the counselor's office, waiting for Stiles; he was the only person she really talked to at this point. Her dad avoiding her after the events of everything, she leaned her head on the wall behind her as she thought back to everything. She knew Mr. Stilinski had gotten his job back, but Stiles had mentioned the tension between the two of them.

Matt was gone, found drowned. Things were suppose to feel better now, but they weren't. Jackson was MIA it seemed like, Allison had completely dropped them with her mom's death; she was avoiding her Watchers at this point because... everything felt wrong. Derek was also MIA, having gone into hiding at this point for some reason.

Nothing felt right anymore....

Nothing that felt she could fix at this point.....

She had told Stiles about everything she had learned from Buffy, Peter Hale having come back but it also seemed like he was keeping himself MIA for the current moment along with the Kanima seemingly gone quiet

Y/N watched as Leia ran around in her backyard,  Stiles beside her as he silent watched before fiddling around his lacrosse stick.

"Any update from Scott?" she softly asked.

"No... any progress on your dad?"

"No... what about you?"

Stiles shook his head as she softly leaned her head against his shoulder.

"They have to come around, right?" she asked.

Stiles was silent and she closed her eyes.

Her body felt tired, her mind burnt out; she just felt as if she was ready to sleep for twenty years.

"When I was at Lydia's party, the drink made me hallucinate about my dad", Stiles said, she looked at him.

He picked at the grass, ripping up little strands in his hands now.

"He was blaming me for my mom... being sick", Stiles said, "I..."

She grasped one of his hands, "You know you're dad would never blame you for your mom being sick. Her being sick was out of either of your control, and you shouldn't keep blaming yourself."

She knew about his mom's diagnosis and everything, though she knew better than to bring it up because of how much guilt Stiles still felt about his mom.